What's new

Ever retire and end up back at the same job later?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has anyone here ever retired, but later had to unretire in order to work at the same job you retired from? I know a few people who have retired after years of work, but later realized their pension and retirement isn't enough to get by on. That's a scary thought to think of, because what happens if your pension and retirement isn't enough when you decide to retire?

I myself have not reached the age or time to be able to retire comfortably but I do know people that have and most of them were going back to a job because they preferred working to not working.

Nowadays though many people come out of retirement as they are not able to afford living on just their pension which is a shame.

I myself have not reached the age or time to be able to retire comfortably but I do know people that have and most of them were going back to a job because they preferred working to not working.

Nowadays though many people come out of retirement as they are not able to afford living on just their pension which is a shame.

Many people usually come back and start doing the same job because they may not be receiving high amounts of pension. This is a fact. They have no option but to cancel their retirement plans and apply for the same job once again. I think that this is mainly common in many tier 3 countries where many employees may not be receiving a high amount of salaries. My country is also one of them.

If I leave any job to work for another company, there's no going back for me in the previous company I used to work.

If I retried officially, why would I think about going back to the job again? I will not because before my retirement, I would have made arrangements (financial) on how to live out my retirement life. It's over for me and work.

You will know the amount of money that you are going to pay me for me to come out of retirement and get back into working for a company that I have retired from for some years because I don't see it as something that is realistic for me to do with just the same pay that I used to get when I was working before I retired.

If I am being called out of retirement, it means that my services is very crucial for the company's survival, so I am going to charge them more for my services in that situation.

Yes, I have also not reached the age of retirement, but I have seen people who joined the same organization that they retired from. I think it must be due to their inability to afford their expenses, or maybe they didn't enjoy staying at home much.

Yes, I have also not reached the age of retirement, but I have seen people who joined the same organization that they retired from. I think it must be due to their inability to afford their expenses, or maybe they didn't enjoy staying at home much.
Yes it's happened even on my place but if it is in government establishment you wont gain such opportunity am reference to my country policy because once you get retired you wont be call for a service again,but it may likely happen in some private company

THis has never happened to me, however, a couple of times, I was asked to join the job that I had quit earlier. I was offered a better salary and better perks but since I quit the job because I felt bored, I never rejoined the job I left earlier. When I accept work, I don't always look after money, I also see if I am interested in doing it.

Has anyone here ever retired, but later had to unretire in order to work at the same job you retired from? I know a few people who have retired after years of work, but later realized their pension and retirement isn't enough to get by on. That's a scary thought to think of, because what happens if your pension and retirement isn't enough when you decide to retire?
I do know some who have tried to go back to work because social security is not enough. and were lucky to get that job back, but I found that if your over 50 some employers won't have you because your seniority won't last.

A colleague of mine retired from teaching job and later found him self teaching in another school again, he claimed that he could not find a better job Available at the moment, I don't know why he did that.
I have never retired from a work before, I only use to take Break just to rest, especially if am working online, sometimes I take my time to rest before I continue.

A colleague of mine retired from teaching job and later found him self teaching in another school again, he claimed that he could not find a better job Available at the moment, I don't know why he did that.
I have never retired from a work before, I only use to take Break just to rest, especially if am working online, sometimes I take my time to rest before I continue.

The truth is that it is not always that easy to find a job when staying in a country where there is high unemployment rate. The employers will always act funny and like they don't care as well which is pretty bad. So, for your friend to have ended up returning back to teaching shows that they got no other options left for them.

I believe that retiring from a job is quite different from resigning from a job because when you retire from a job, you are definitely going to be paid your pension and other securities that is involved. But when you resign from a job, there is nothing like pension for you from being a former employee in that kind of situation.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back