What's new

Ever lose a guaranteed job to someone else?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Was there ever a time where you thought you had a job locked down or maybe you already got the job, but somehow someone else took it? I've never had that happen to me, but I imagine it does happen to some people. One second you got a job working for a good rate and then all of a sudden someone else is doing the job, maybe for less pay even. Has it ever happened to you?

This has not happened to me. I have always got the job that I was promised. However, I have seen this happen to many people, this has even happened to my sisters multiple times. They were promised the job, they even went to work for a couple of days and they were told not to come the next day as a different person had already been hired.

I am not sure if it is possible for you to know that you have a guarantee to secure a particular job unless you were told that the job is specifically meant for you because other than that, you are coming for the job that the same way every other person is coming for the same job and if you don't get it means that you're not qualified for it or they had someone better than you.

I am not sure if it is possible for you to know that you have a guarantee to secure a particular job unless you were told that the job is specifically meant for you because other than that, you are coming for the job that the same way every other person is coming for the same job and if you don't get it means that you're not qualified for it or they had someone better than you.

Whenever a company offers you a job, they tend to look for a specific requirement. they may look for the required person who may fit the description. if a person fits the description and meets the requirements, then the chances are that they will most likely secure the job.

Whenever a company offers you a job, they tend to look for a specific requirement. they may look for the required person who may fit the description. if a person fits the description and meets the requirements, then the chances are that they will most likely secure the job.

It's why businesses take a lot of precaution when it comes to hiring workers because they know it's the workers that will make sure your business is going to succeed. It's why evaluation of workers is very necessary to know exactly what they are capable of and to hire one's with best qualification.

I understand what the thread starter is trying to say he mean job that you are very sure of,there are some jobs that you will see is for you but due to some circumstances you tends to loss the job,for me I never encountered such scenario before I always abide and follow with any specific jobs that is been assigned to me

I understand how others can even price themselves low so to get job making you losing yours because you charge higher. It has not happened to me before but if it does, I will take it by faith.

I don't think you get what I meant by the topic. I mean a job where you already got it, maybe the boss confirmed you got the job, and then somehow that job was given to someone else instead of you, after of course it being promised to you.

This sort of thing can happen, and has happened unfortunately. Sometimes people find other works they find to be better and decide to go with them instead. It sucks, but sadly it does happen. :(

I don't think you get what I meant by the topic. I mean a job where you already got it, maybe the boss confirmed you got the job, and then somehow that job was given to someone else instead of you, after of course it being promised to you.

This sort of thing can happen, and has happened unfortunately. Sometimes people find other works they find to be better and decide to go with them instead. It sucks, but sadly it does happen. :(
Can it be possible to file a legal action against any company which commit this kind of blunder against a potential staff? It's going to be very difficult without having any documentation to use against the company and I'm not if word of the mouth only where the job was agreed to be given to the person would be enough.

If that's the case, I have never seen it happen without a very big bribery and corruption taking place in the employment.

Yes, something like that happens often in the federal government jobs being paid and bribed for in my country. Your name will be on the first list of those to be employed and even second list will come out, you're out of it.

I have never lost anyone I am supposed to get to someone else. The reason been that I am always available when I am needed. What could make someone lose such job is carelessness and coming to work late..

It's why businesses take a lot of precaution when it comes to hiring workers because they know it's the workers that will make sure your business is going to succeed. It's why evaluation of workers is very necessary to know exactly what they are capable of and to hire one's with best qualification.

Well, usually when a company hires a person for a really big position, they tend to be more careful. This is because if they offer a high position, then this also means that the person would need to be really responsible as well. If a person matches the description and if a person is fit for the job, then in such cases, then such person is guaranteed to receive the job position until or unless someone else shows up and proves to be better.

I have not lost a job I was supposed to get to someone else before. I have not experienced that since my career started. I think this could only happen if I fail to show up for the job or decided to put up my resignation letter...

I have never lost anyone I am supposed to get to someone else. The reason been that I am always available when I am needed. What could make someone lose such job is carelessness and coming to work late..

I have only had something similar happen to me but it's in my online job. I was contacted by a client to work for him but I didn't respond in the next hour, he gave the job to another person. If I was online, I wouldn't have lost the sure job. It's the reason why I now set active email notification whenever I'm contacted through DM online.

I have only had something similar happen to me but it's in my online job. I was contacted by a client to work for him but I didn't respond in the next hour, he gave the job to another person. If I was online, I wouldn't have lost the sure job. It's the reason why I now set active email notification whenever I'm contacted through DM online.
That is so unfortunate that you have to lose a job that you are supposed to get. But it is good that you have activated your notifications now. Many people has lost similar jobs before due to bridge in communication and other things..

That is so unfortunate that you have to lose a job that you are supposed to get. But it is good that you have activated your notifications now. Many people has lost similar jobs before due to bridge in communication and other things..

It was very painful experience because I knew that if I had been online sooner, there was no way I would have lost the job. Some clients can be very impatient when they are trying to pay for a service. I had to look for a way to stay ahead of that happening to me again. I'm glad to have found a way to stop it.

It was very painful experience because I knew that if I had been online sooner, there was no way I would have lost the job. Some clients can be very impatient when they are trying to pay for a service. I had to look for a way to stay ahead of that happening to me again. I'm glad to have found a way to stop it.
No one will be patient with a client especially if there are a deadline to deliver such jobs. I do not blame an employer because they know how time could be for their business...

I do not think that there is any reason for why a job should be secured for any specific person. There are many ways to secure a job, though. The best way to get a job secured is to make sure that you are qualified enough to get the job.

No one will be patient with a client especially if there are a deadline to deliver such jobs. I do not blame an employer because they know how time could be for their business...

It's one of experience we freelancers have to live through all the time. There are times when you can't be online and that's when you will be contacted to work on an order. If the client doesn't give few hours for you to come online, they will give out the job to another freelancer who's available online.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back