What's new

ECommerce taxations

Governments are always on the lookout for means to generate revenue, and taxation is one of the ways of revenue generation. Most businesses pay taxes to governments so they can be allowed to continue doing their businesses, and those taxes are added to the price of goods and services that the customers purchase. So customers are the ones indirectly paying the taxes and levies that governments collect from these businesses.

Some of the e-commerce mediums in my country,tax for delivery services but sometimes offer promotions and free giveaways.If all the burden is shifted to the customers,definitely you will find those that will not continue to purchase from them any longer.

Maybe its because they operate online that's why the government doesn't task them some amount as dues to keep on operating fairly. Who knows, the government might look up into online to take tax from the established online businesses.

Taxes are very important in any state that wants to achieve development as such e commerce stores should pay thief taxes efficiently based on the law of the land and avoid all legal issues that may have to come their way as it somehow is used for development.

Ecommerce businesses in my country are not tax yet simply because the government sees most of the people operating ecommerce as small scale businesses whom are just struggling to survive and taxing them could affects their businesses.

I think it is just a matter of time and the government will start taxing e-commerce platforms in your country. These people make a lot of money and of course they should be taxed. Many e-commerce website in developed countries are being tasked.

In my home country, if you are selling and taking money from the customers, your business needs to be registered with the trade and commerce department and pay tax. If your online business is not registered, it isl illegal and the government can shut down your website.

In my home country, if you are selling and taking money from the customers, your business needs to be registered with the trade and commerce department and pay tax. If your online business is not registered, it isl illegal and the government can shut down your website.
Wow, it's not the same in my place. Only offline businesses or online businesses With a physical presence that are required to pay tax. Every other online stuff doesn't pay tax and are not required by the law to do so.

I think there are some countries where commerce platforms are taxed but my own country I only know of offline businesses.

If the government of your country decide to start taxing e-commerce Business in your country, I believe they will still get enough patronage just because a lot of people don't really like going to physical outlet again

At present, according to the readings I have done, the tax is not yet being levied in my country. However, the time will come when this will be effective in all e-commerce. I believe that the burden should be distributed between the site owner and the customers, since the customer should not be overcharged, in this case you can lose what is not good for the merchant.
I think our countries are the same in this aspect as all the time that I have shopped on an online e-commerce website my country I have not been taxed for the products but I feel that a time is coming where by the government of my country we start taxing product that will buy on an online e-commerce website.

Its normal for the business giant e-commerce or any organisation to pass the burden of taxation over to their customer, because everybody is doing the business for the gain.

In my country the government mandates that value added tax of about 7.5% be placed on goods being sold via such online platform.

Presently, ecommerce platforms here in my country is not taxed. The reason is because they are relatively a new entrant and the legislation is only underway.

But, I was wondering if ecommerce gaints pass on the burden of taxation to the customers, do you think it would still attract the same amount of customer base?
Every company transfer the tax they pay unto the end consumers be it online or offline. They often claim that the tax will eat up their profit. That is the reason why the shift the burden onto the end users.

Governments are always on the lookout for means to generate revenue, and taxation is one of the ways of revenue generation. Most businesses pay taxes to governments so they can be allowed to continue doing their businesses, and those taxes are added to the price of goods and services that the customers purchase. So customers are the ones indirectly paying the taxes and levies that governments collect from these businesses.
I don't know how taxation might be working in your country my friend, but it's not for every business in my country. They are certain small and medium businesses that are not taxed at all.

All lucrative e-commerce stores or businesses are legalized and licensed by the government to operate smoothly and gain more adoption from people.

I think our countries are the same in this aspect as all the time that I have shopped on an online e-commerce website my country I have not been taxed for the products but I feel that a time is coming where by the government of my country we start taxing product that will buy on an online e-commerce website.
That's right, at any moment they will start charging, even in my country recently there was an announcement about it, but they haven't implemented it yet. As I said before, the charge should be shared between the site owner and the customers.

That's right, at any moment they will start charging, even in my country recently there was an announcement about it, but they haven't implemented it yet. As I said before, the charge should be shared between the site owner and the customers.
I think what you are talking about us is taxation which is being done by the government and still waiting to be passed from there that will spend in purchasing any item online would definitely be shared or taken by the government.

At a certain point the government is going to start taxing every eccomerce owner and that's because we are talking about a business here that produces an income every month/year. Maybe now they don't have enough knowledge about it in order to ask for taxes but sooner or later they will find out more and start asking for taxes. Of course things will be different then, you wouldn't make such big profits anymore but just like any other business owner you have to pay taxes so there's nothing you can do about it
Like you rightly said, it's just a matter of time. The government are looking for places they can fish out money from and it's only a matter of time for them to set their eyes on e-commerce.

At present, according to the readings I have done, the tax is not yet being levied in my country. However, the time will come when this will be effective in all e-commerce. I believe that the burden should be distributed between the site owner and the customers, since the customer should not be overcharged, in this case you can lose what is not good for the merchant.

If you are running a store in my country, then you must pay tax and I think most of the online stores in my country definitely pay tax and in some cases many customers also pay taxes on products they purchase. This is what you call General Sales Tax.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back