ECommerce taxations

Lord Saru

Reputable
100 Posts Club
May 31, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Presently, ecommerce platforms here in my country is not taxed. The reason is because they are relatively a new entrant and the legislation is only underway.

But, I was wondering if ecommerce gaints pass on the burden of taxation to the customers, do you think it would still attract the same amount of customer base?

Presently, ecommerce platforms here in my country is not taxed. The reason is because they are relatively a new entrant and the legislation is only underway.

But, I was wondering if ecommerce gaints pass on the burden of taxation to the customers, do you think it would still attract the same amount of customer base?
Same with my country. They just added the value added tax recently and is passed down to the consumers or buyers. It's easy running ecommerce websites here but I know it's not applicable in every country.

At a certain point the government is going to start taxing every eccomerce owner and that's because we are talking about a business here that produces an income every month/year. Maybe now they don't have enough knowledge about it in order to ask for taxes but sooner or later they will find out more and start asking for taxes. Of course things will be different then, you wouldn't make such big profits anymore but just like any other business owner you have to pay taxes so there's nothing you can do about it

There are some rules that you must follow for success in your e-commerce, such as the expected number of smart phone users in the year 2020 to reach about 2.87 billion users (4). The widespread use of smartphones has affected the formulation of online buying habits. A mobile site is more compatible than an inappropriate site (5), and this is one of the most important rules for success in e-commerce.

It's also not taxed in my country too, and if it were taxed it will discourage people, especially people in my country, we already have a ton of taxes already to deal with.

Do you think taxation should be done? These companies use so much of our data and exploit our inherent weaknesses to force us to buy things and in return, dont give us anything at all?

I think it should be taxed in such a way that the brunt of the added tax is not passed on to customers.

Taxation affects customer base in all aspect of business dealing. If the legislation is passed, the only thing I believe can reduce decrease in customer base is a fixed tax rate by the government

E-commerce company in my own country pay taxes regularly and this is one of the internal generated revenue for the government because that's what they use in developing the country. However, the ecommerce website are given a reduced tax but still yet they still get some amount from them.

The only way ecommerce companies may bear taxation may be through the logistics arm of the company, some have locomotives ranging from bikes to large trucks which may be taxed by the government bodies in charge.

E commerce websites are not taxed too much in my country. Mostly it is just a small token collected by the government. The e-commerce website owners in my country usually offset this tax indirectly using their customers.

I think we still do not have a strict law on the taxation of e-commerce sites. The first issue would be the auditing because the electronic accounting system may not be easy to be audited accurately. But I know that big e-commerce sites are registered either as proprietorship or a corporation. In that case they are subjected to taxes. Since e-commerce is getting to be a big industry so there should be a law on the taxation.

, e-commerce transactions are largely escape taxation even though their live transaction counterparts are almost always subject to some form of state or federal tax. ... Added to these is the sophistication and complexity of the technology involved in such transactions

The government received a backlash when they announced that online sellers will be taxed. A lot of people disagree with this but then they clarifies that it is only eligible for those sellers who is earning a certain amount annually, not sure how much though.

If they do tax the e-commerce platforms that will reflect badly on the government, it will drive the industry down , taxing the platforms will mean rises in prices of goods sold on those platforms, overall it will have a negative dominos effect.

Yes I don't think taxing ecommerce platforms should be controversial. Small scale ecommerce start-ups can be spared from taxes because of the expenses and challenges they usually face. However bigger ecommerce giants like Amazon, eBay and co can be taxed because they're full fledged companies and earn huge revenue.

E-commerce should be taxed just like normal commercial activities are taxes too but they should ensure that what they are being taxed is affordable for them due to the fact that e-commerce is a relatively new form of business.

I have been handling businesses long enough to understand that buyers that are really interested in the product that you are selling will pay any amount of money to buy from you. If the e-commerce company happens to pass a particular tax to the buyers, believe me that they will still buy such products.

It will take a period of time for that to happen, but as long as they need the product, they will definitely pay for it.

Let's start with the basics off ecommerce sales tax. Sales tax is a small percentage of a sale tacked on to that sale by an online retailer. This is a “consumption tax” meaning that consumers only pay sales tax on taxable items they buy at retail.

At present, according to the readings I have done, the tax is not yet being levied in my country. However, the time will come when this will be effective in all e-commerce. I believe that the burden should be distributed between the site owner and the customers, since the customer should not be overcharged, in this case you can lose what is not good for the merchant.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back