What's new

Does your cell phone type and finish words for you? Words you don't want?

Melanie M

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 23, 2021
USD
$0.9200USD
Biznotes
Mine does this. It always gives me options on top of the keyboard if I choose to use the words, before I've finished typing them.
*BUT* it also decides to add on endings to words that I do NOT want. Have to go back and check what I've typed from time to time to see if my phone finished the job for me, incorrectly.
I'm sure there's a place in Settings to shut this "autocorrect" off, but if you think about it, it's not always correcting. It's making mistakes.

🔺This is a perfect example of how everyone is worried about AI taking over human jobs. Well, look how the autocorrect works, it doesn't realize the words, punctuation, or endings it's adding doesn't fit what you intended to type. Only a human being (specifically an OCD-sufferer) 😜 will catch these errors. Not a machine, in any form.

Does your phone do this too?

Last edited:
You mean autocorrect? I think it's a feature you can turn off on most phones these days. I'm sure there's something in the settings that will let you turn it off, or limit it maybe. I'm on android, and I see to turn it off, you need to go to settings, and find your keyboard app, click that and go into its settings. I use the Gboard keyboard so it's through google. They title it differently than auto correct, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Now if you have an iphone, than I have no clue.

Yeah, the autocorrect feature. I have an Android and an iPhone and they both have autocorrect going full-blast. Haha
Notice how the default is already set on this, so you have to manually go to Settings and remove it if you choose to do so.
It's good when the phone gives options for words you're about to type, but not when it goes ahead and types the word for you, even after you've already typed what you want. That's a mistake you'll never catch unless you go back and re-read everything. Too bad they don't just keep the word options above the keyboard and leave it at that.

I find autocorrect very annoying at times. I had to go to my settings and handle it. I installed Grammarly on my phone and I find that much more helpful when I type. I don't have to worry about my grammar so much. I would choose it over autocorrect over a hundred times.

Autocorrect is something I find very annoying and have done for a while! It always autocorrects to something I do not need to say and the amount of times I have sent a text or a message to someone in a hurry and one word has autocorrected to something else, sometimes it's embarrassing as well LOL

Don't get me wrong, it works but it's not reliable.

It's autocorrect and auto prediction role in your smartphone keyboard set up. I use it because it's very help but I make use to read again before I press the send button.

My keyboard also saves my keystrokes. Whatever I've typed often is saved and whenever I type in two text of that word, the saved keystroke will come up.

I have enabled a feature that auto corrects and suggest the possible words as I type. I find it very useful while typing on my phone. But sometimes this also creates a hassle and it provides wrong suggestions

You mean autocorrect? I think it's a feature you can turn off on most phones these days. I'm sure there's something in the settings that will let you turn it off, or limit it maybe. I'm on android, and I see to turn it off, you need to go to settings, and find your keyboard app, click that and go into its settings. I use the Gboard keyboard so it's through google. They title it differently than auto correct, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Now if you have an iphone, than I have no clue.

I turned mine off on my dehife as that is always a distraction that can delay your typing speed rate. I prefer to type in a pretty cool way instead of having to keep correcting some of the words that the software autocompleted. Another thing that I am working on using is the saved words option as that will help you be able to work faster when creating video or word contents.

If you are using a keyboard like Gboard and using it for say 6 months, I believe most of the recommendations are on the spot. Yes, they do make mistakes, but not often.

There are numerous other keyboard apps but none of them is as efficient as Gboard.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back