What's new

Do you need SEO with Social media around?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Do you believe SEO is really all that needed these days? Considering social media has kind of taken over for most marketing means. But, I'm not saying SEO is dead or anything like that. Just that I feel like SEO isn't as needed, since most sites are put into the search results pretty fast. I feel like social media also helps a lot with SEO in general.

Social media is trying to take over from search engines, where one search through the web to ascertain the nest place to Order products/items. Facebook or any other social media handle, now features marketplace in its platform. Making it hard for people to go to google all that often to search for their favourite site to buy items.

Social media is trying to take over from search engines, where one search through the web to ascertain the nest place to Order products/items. Facebook or any other social media handle, now features marketplace in its platform. Making it hard for people to go to google all that often to search for their favourite site to buy items.
Exactly, which is why I am starting to think SEO is going to revolve heavily around social media itself. At least in the very near future. It already is, and I can see Facebook and even Twitter offering search alternatives one day.

Exactly, which is why I am starting to think SEO is going to revolve heavily around social media itself. At least in the very near future. It already is, and I can see Facebook and even Twitter offering search alternatives one day.
Let's keep believing that SEO be introduced in social media sites. Now that lots of people are circling around it for advertisement and sponsorship. Maybe SEO will direct towards it, to enlist them for other internet users to search its marketplace using search engines.

Social media is entirely different from search engines. The term SEO is associated with search engines. For a lot of people SEO is just a white tiger, beautiful to look at but very rare. SEO efforts hardly pay for many.

Do you believe SEO is really all that needed these days? Considering social media has kind of taken over for most marketing means. But, I'm not saying SEO is dead or anything like that. Just that I feel like SEO isn't as needed, since most sites are put into the search results pretty fast. I feel like social media also helps a lot with SEO in general.
In my opinion it depends on the niche you're working with, if it is highly competitive then you'll still need SEO if you want to stay on top of your game, if not once searched all your competitors will show up on the top 2 pages and you wouldn't want that would you?

Social media has the power to make your content viral, however, the content that went viral on social sites will lose traction after sometime, here lies the importance of SEO which can ensure that the content gets regular visits from search engines.

Yes, sure. Social media will only send social signals to your site. But SEO will approach optimization as a whole. Yes, you really need good social media signals to improve the visibility of your website. But it should not be done in singularity.

Despite how good and popular social media is, it can never be a substitute for great SEO. Whenever someone really want help and information, they trust that they will find an answer by using search engines. In this case, you want to be at the top.

Search engine optimisation is one of the best tools to drive traffic to your site for now there is nothing we can do about it as long as niche is concern. Take it or leave it.
*Quote of today*

People will judge your intentions, your behaviour, your ability, but don't come down low to there idea. You the best of yourself

Social media and seo are entirely different concepts in terms of driving traffic to your website. You can draw immediate traffic to your site by sharing on social media, however, for seo to work, you may have to wait for months.

The primary purpose of SEO is ranking on search engines. Search engines are used by people to find topics and information on the internet. If you do SEO and if your website ranks high, you will get traffic.

Search Engine optimisation is very good in business as it helps people discover your business easily but it's not all the time.

Search engine optimization is a very good tool to promote ones business website in particular. as for social media, it's also good to use seo

I don't think SEO have anything to do with social media because they are two different things entirely. So for me search engine optimization is mainly used by bloggers to get free traffic like wise social media platform so they perform different task

See cannot be connected to social media platforms anymore at least I think so. Social media is used more as of now because it's easier to connect with.

SEO is just for gaining position on search engine so that you get traffic.However, social media is more than that, you get traffic but you will also be abe to build brand and connect with customers.
Post automatically merged:

The primary purpose of SEO is ranking on search engines. Search engines are used by people to find topics and information on the internet. If you do SEO and if your website ranks high, you will get traffic.
Purpose of sharing on social sites it to get traffic. If SEO also does the same, what the difference between doing SEO and Social Media Marketing? Does SEO have more value?

Last edited:
I don't think that search engine optimisation is all that is needed for website but a combination of search engine optimisation with the aid of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and telegram would go a long way in improving the quality of a website.

Social sites are primarily for generating referral traffic for your site. IN order to generate referral site, you will have to build a page wth a large following or spend good amount in advertising.

However, contrary to popular belief, social media doesn't directly contribute to SEO. In other words, social media signals don't directly help your search engine rankings. ... If you study the websites that hold top-ranking positions in Google searches, you will find many of them having strong social signals.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back