What's new

Do you ever market your business/sites to your friends and family?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I normally don't promote my stuff to family & friends, but I have in the past. I don't like to do it these days, as I don't like to rely on family and friends to come in as traffic. I also feel the best way to market is to outside sources. Getting the most eyes on your site is a must. At least imo.

Anyway, have you marketed your site/business to family and friends? How did it go?

Not with family or friends from real life, but I frequently promote my business among my virtual friends. Actually, I made my first income from my website through a donation from a virtual friend. I made my first ebook sales by selling to virtual friends. My first online sales for products also came from my virtual friends.

When I had my first forum created for me, I really planned on my friends and family supporting me and making the community thrive. That didn't happen. It shocked me that I went out of my way to vote for friends who wanted me to sign up and vote for their kid's pic online but they couldn't take 5 minutes to sign up on my site? When I created Crafter Craze, I knew they wouldn't help me, although I really thought perhaps some would be more interested since they posted their crafts on Facebook all the time. Again, they were useless to me.

I don't market to friends and family cause it seems like spamming. Well, I will give an example. I got this Christian FB group and page and my plan is to occasionally mention it on my feed, but not post religious stuff outside of it. Well, that same idea works with other niches.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back