What's new

Difference between stocks and shares

vest1992

I know that shares are normal traded on the market, but people talk about stocks which seems that is just the conversion of the divided parts of the companies capital which is shares, so is there a difference between them?

A stock exchange is just as likely to be a physical space as a virtual one because these highly regulated institutions are now dominated by electronic, while share is a product that for sell, with price tag on it.

I know that shares are normal traded on the market, but people talk about stocks which seems that is just the conversion of the divided parts of the companies capital which is shares, so is there a difference between them?
Sometimes I get it confusing, but I have known the difference between companies stock exchanges and shares. The stock exchange is their divided assets, while shares, is their total revenue income to shared within investors of their brand.

Different Stocks and shares
In the conversation we often interpret the two as the same, however there is a difference, if stocks can be interpreted as the ownership of shares of several companies, while shares are only the share ownership of one company.
Stock in units that are traded is called shares. In the balance sheet, shares are classified as equity (capital). Stock is often referred to as a portfolio of shares.

A stock exchange is just as likely to be a physical space as a virtual one because these highly regulated institutions are now dominated by electronic, while share is a product that for sell, with price tag on it.
As far as I know, shares are the sum of total income distributed among investors or shareholders, while the stock market represents not only total income but everything that is considered as an asset for the company

As far as I know, shares are the sum of total income distributed among investors or shareholders, while the stock market represents not only total income but everything that is considered as an asset for the company
Yes, it makes sense, it was a small part of me that wasn t actually sure of it 100%, thanks for all the answers above that brought light on the subject.

I think stocks are the one you buy and sell in the stock market while shares means the right or the ownership on the certain company. I'm a finance major and I still confuse these two till now.

Shares is often refers to as the ownership of a particular company. Stocks on the other hand, exclusively refers to corporate equities, securities traded on a stock exchange, these two words are been used interchangeably

Typically a startup company has 10,000,000 authorized shares of Common Stock, but as the company grows, it may increase the total number of shares as it issues shares to investors and employees. The number also changes often, which makes it hard to get an exact count. Shares, stocks, and equity are all the same thing.

Maybe you have no background in commerce and finance so you are asking about the difference of stocks with shares. It is actually called shares of stocks which is the ownership of a corporation. Unlike the entrepreneur business with only 1 owner, the corporation has almost unlimited depending on the license. The share of the owners are called shares of stocks. For example the corporation has 10 owners and each owner owns 10% so that means one owner has 10% of the shares of stocks of the corporation. Whether you call it stock or share, there is no difference.

Stocks and shares are almost same terminology. If we talk about stocks it is issued by a company whenever he needs more capital and the buyer or stocks become the owner of that part. But the shares are the small part of stocks or we can say these are the units of stocks and company pay dividends annually on shares. On stocks company pay monthly, quarterly, semi annually and annually profit.

It is often used to describe a slice of ownership of one or more companies. In contrast, in common parlance, "shares" has a more specific meaning: It often refers to the ownership of a particular company. ... Stocks, on the other hand, exclusively refer to corporate equities, securities traded on a stock exchange.

Stocks and shares aren't exactly the same thing..The term stocks should be used when discussing ownership of companies in general, whilst the term shares is used to describe ownership of a specific company.

Similar Terminology. Of the two, "stocks" is the more general, generic term. It is often used to describe a slice of ownership of one or more companies. In contrast, in common parlance, "shares" has a more specific meaning: It often refers to the ownership of a particular company.

The distinction between stocks and shares is pretty blurred in the Financial market.Generally,both words are used interchangeably to refer to financial equities, specifically, securities that denote ownership in a public company.Investment professionals often use the word stocks as synonymous with companies—publicly-traded companies, of course. They might refer to energy stocks, value stocks, large- or small-cap stocks, food-sector stocks, blue-chip stocks, and so on. In each case, these categories don't refer so much to the stocks themselves as to the corporations that issued them.while, a share is the single smallest denomination of a company's stock. So if you're divvying up stock and referring to specific characteristics, the proper word to use is shares.

They are the same.stocks and shares are the same thing. The minor distinction between stocks and shares is usually overlooked, and it has more to do with syntax than financial or legal accuracy.

Generally,both words are used interchangeably to refer to financial equities, specifically, securities that denote ownership in a public company.Investment professionals often use the word stocks as synonymous with companies—publicly-traded companies, of course. They might refer to energy stocks, value stocks,

The distinction between stocks and shares is pretty blurred in the Financial market. Generally, in American English, both words are used interchangeably to refer to financial equities, specifically, securities that denote ownership in a public company (in the good old days of paper transactions, these were called Stock certificates. Nowadays, the difference between the two words has more to do with syntax and is derived from the context in which they are used.

The difference between stock and shares... stock is a general term used to describe the ownership certificates of any company. A share, on the other hand, tends to refer to the stock certificate of a particular company. Holding a particular company's share makes you a shareholder. ... There is also something called 'convertible preferred stock'.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back