What's new

Difference between stock and bond

Stocks give you partial ownership in acorporation, while bonds are a loan from you to a company or government. The biggest difference between them is how they generate profit; stocks must appreciate in value and be sold later on the stock market, while most bonds pay fixed interest over time.

When I got to the bank on Thursday, someone called me and ask me the difference between stock and bond, my answer was it is the same, stock is bond and bond is stock. I thought I have made a good definition not knowing that I just mislead the poor man.

Do anybody have a clear understanding between stock and bond. What makes them different.
Stocks are viewed as short term investments while bonds are long term notes. Stocks are riskier hence the risk/reward maybe higher or a total loss of investment. Bonds are fixed rated with returns determined by the predetermined coupon rate. Stocks may fail but bonds cannot fail as such investment and cash must be paid.

If you say bond you are referring to bondage. Stock has nothing to do with bondage because you have full control over your stock, you decide when to sell and when to reinvest, no have the right to place your stock on hold, that is my contribution, bond has nothing to do with stock I repeat.

Stocks give you fractional proprietorship in a partnership, while bonds are a credit from you to an organization or government. The greatest contrast between them is the means by which they produce benefit: stocks should appreciate in esteem and be sold later on the financial exchange, while most bonds pay fixed interest over the long run.

Stocks gives you partial ownership in a corporation,while bond are loan from you to a company or government. The biggest difference them is how they generate profit. Stock appreciate in value an can be sold later on the stock market while bond pay interest over time. Stocks give you an incomplete possession in an enterprise

Stocks and bonds are two different things. Stocks involves companies or businesses where one can have ownership of it or have shares in the company. Stocks can be traded online or offline. . But bonds are like a pledge to pay the money borrowed at a particular point in time without failing. It is an obligation that must be met or stiff penalties will follow.

Stocks give you partial ownership in acorporation, while bonds are a loan from you to a company or government. The biggest difference between them is how they generate profit; stocks must appreciate in value and be sold later on the stock market, while most bonds pay fixed interest over time.
Stocks give you partial ownership in a corporation, while bonds are a loan from you to a company or government. The biggest difference between them is how they generate profit: stocks must appreciate in value and be sold later on the stock market, while most bonds pay fixed interest over time

Stock is quite different from bond. Stock is when you buy part of a company Business, in return when you bud stock you are equally a shareholder of that company and its extremely volatile to trade on but as for bond it's like Treasury bills where the government roll out a call for Investors to put their their money in government securities.

Let's start with a basic definition. A bond is a loan investment, which means an investor is actually loaning money to an entity, like a company, government, or municipality.

When a company raises money through a bond, it's called a new issue. In a new issue, millions of dollars of bonds are commonly available.

Each bond usually has a face, or par, value of $1,000. The face value is the cost to buy a single bond. Interest received from the bond is called a coupon.

Sorry to say stock and bonds are two different terms we can't mix them. Simply we can say that stocks are the shares of a company we purchase to earn profit. It is not in your ownership and there is great fluctuation in it. While bonds are the obligations and it is in your ownership and at any time you can redeem it. There is no profit on it.

Stocks are partially owned by a corporation, while bonds are a loan from you to a company or government. It is how they earn profit that differentiates them the most: stocks must appreciate value and later sell in the stock market, while most bonds pay fixed interest over time.

It's amazing how many people have a computer and still don't know how to make flyers, presentation decks, and other visual assets for their business. If you've got a good design sense, are familiar with your word processor and already have a laser or high-quality inkjet printer, you can get into desktop publishing.

When I got to the bank on Thursday, someone called me and ask me the difference between stock and bond, my answer was it is the same, stock is bond and bond is stock. I thought I have made a good definition not knowing that I just mislead the poor man.

Do anybody have a clear understanding between stock and bond. What makes them different.
Stocks give you partial ownership in a corporation,while bonds are a loan from you to a company or government.the biggest difference them is how they generate profit.stock must appreciate in value and be sold later on the stock market, while most bonds pay fixed interest over time.

I think there was an already thread with this information, but no problem there is one more now. Well at some point things will be cleaned around here and similar threads will be merged into one.

If you say bond you are referring to bondage. Stock has nothing to do with bondage because you have full control over your stock, you decide when to sell and when to reinvest, no have the right to place your stock on hold, that is my contribution, bond has nothing to do with stock I repeat.
when you talk about storks you talk about partial ownership in a business why bonds are loan from you to a government the biggest difference between them is stocks most appreciate in value and also can be sold in the market why bond pays interests

A stock is a financial instrument issued by a company depicting the right of ownership in return for funds provided as equity. A bond is a debt that the company. Stocks are shares in the ownership of a business.

Stocks give you partial ownership in a corporation, while bonds are a loan from you to a company or government. The biggest difference between them is how they generate profit: stocks must appreciate in value and be sold later on the stock market, while most bonds pay fixed interest over time.

when you talk about storks you talk about partial ownership in a business why bonds are loan from you to a government the biggest difference between them is stocks most appreciate in value and also can be sold in the market why bond pays interests
Bonds are loan? Hmm I never new that, I thought it was a short term for bondage, is better I buy stock than lending money to the government, cos they will only be paying you a particular amount you agreed on, but can actually appreciate you make money from it.

One major difference between the bond and stock markets is that the stock market has central places or exchanges where stocks are bought and sold.

Stocks give you partial ownership in a corporation, while bonds are a loan from you to a company or government. The biggest difference between them is how they generate profit: stocks must appreciate in value and be sold later on the stock market, while most bonds pay fixed interest over time.

Concerning this question, the difference between stocks and bonds is that stocks are shares in the ownership for business, while bonds are a type of obligation that the responsible element vows to reimburse eventually. Investing in stocks and bonds needs you to be informed and it's best to get expert opinions on this

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back