What's new

Difference between stock and bond

Stocks and bond are somewhat similar to each other. But i do not know the exact difference between the two of them. I advice you get in touch with a stock broker and ask him or her this question. I feel they are in the right position to answer.
Post automatically merged:

Stocks and bond are somewhat similar to each other. But i do not know the exact difference between the two of them. I advice you get in touch with a stock broker and ask him or her this question. I feel they are in the right position to answer.

Stocks and securities address two distinct ways for a substance to fund-raise to support or grow its activities. Stocks are essentially portions of individual organizations. At the point when an organization issues stock, it is selling a piece of itself in return for money.

Bonds then again, address obligation. At the point when a substance gives a bond. It is giving obligation with the consent to pay revenue for the utilization of the cash

Stocks and securities address two distinct ways for a substance to fund-raise to support or grow its activities. Stocks are essentially portions of individual organizations. At the point when an organization issues stock, it is selling a piece of itself in return for money.

Bonds then again, address obligation. At the point when a substance gives a bond. It is giving obligation with the consent to pay revenue for the utilization of the cash

When I got to the bank on Thursday, someone called me and ask me the difference between stock and bond, my answer was it is the same, stock is bond and bond is stock. I thought I have made a good definition not knowing that I just mislead the poor man.

Do anybody have a clear understanding between stock and bond. What makes them different.
When an investor buys a stock he becomes a stakeholder/part owner/shareholder of a business/company by buying some of the shares of the publicly quoted/listed company and is therefore entitled to attending the company's Annual General Meeting where decisions are made, the company's journey so far in the financial year is declared and reviewed.
Thus at the end of the financial year, during the AGM, the share value is declared and dividend is also declared.

But bond is more like a promissory note given by the state/federal govt.
With the note the investor is as good as having his return on investment already in his hands.

In a business, stocks give you partial ownership, while bonds are a loan from you to a company or government. How they earn profit is the greatest difference between them: stocks must appreciate in value and be sold later on the stock market, while most bonds pay fixed interest over time.

I tired for you,I even thought you know it that's why you brought the topic or article here,not knowing you aslo want to ask us the same question the poor man ask you..

What I think you should have do it I am the one the man ask that kind of a question,and I know that I don't know the question the man ask,before I could throw it out to the public I will do my research so I could come back here to lecture everyone about it...Please take note do the needful next time ..
When I got to the bank on Thursday, someone called me and ask me the difference between stock and bond, my answer was it is the same, stock is bond and bond is stock. I thought I have made a good definition not knowing that I just mislead the poor man.

Do anybody have a clear understanding between stock and bond. What makes them different.
W

My understanding with the bond is a negotiable instrument that is issued by the government or a bank or a big company (that is licensed for bonds) to get money. It is a certificate of indebtedness that when you buy a bond that means the issuer is indebted to you for that amount. There is a fixed interest rate on the bond. You can redeem the bond after the term expires usually in 3 months to 1 year. The stocks is what we know in the stock market as the share of ownership in a company.

This is true as when it comes to bonds, the interest rate to be paid is never tampered with no matter how the financial year turns out for the company. So, investors that are looking to cash out quickly can buy bonds and hope for a certain returns on investment at the end of the year or when the bond agreement expires.

Stocks offer higher returns than bonds, but they also come with higher risks. Bonds generally offer very reliable returns and are well suited for risk averse investors.

I think there is a big difference between stock items and bond items. There are four things. They respond according to the market.And bonds are things that are either things that other companies give better than that and your things get bonded or you don't know how to take things, so take those things that don't sell.

Stocks and bonds represent two different ways for an entity to raise money to fund or expand its operations. Stocks are simply shares of individual companies. When a company issues stock, it is selling a piece of itself in exchange for cash.

Stocks and bonds represent two different ways for an entity to raise money to fund or expand its operations. Stocks are simply shares of individual companies. When a company issues stock, it is selling a piece of itself in exchange for cash.

Bond are usually issued by gorvenment or an issuer firm with a fixed amount of interest on it to be remited back in cash to the one that buys into it,and its usually for a fixed period.
While a share is a part ownership of a firm,by buying into the asset you are qualify to share in the profit margin,and the interest is not fixed.

Bonds has to do with issuance of securities mostly given by government to intrested members of the public for a period of time and the intrest is usually paid upfront depending on the country.While in stock,you go through a stock broker and purchase a part ownership of a company which will be traded in the stock exchange.

Last edited:
The difference between stock and bond are; Stock is the supply of goods that is available for sale in shop or store. While bond is an agreement by government or company to paid you interest on the money you have lent.

I see that a lot of people have done Justice to this question in the comments however I think that it is important to point out that not only banks can give our bonds government and big corporations can also give out bonds

The differentiation between stocks and bonds is that stocks are shares in the proprietorship for business, while bonds are a sort of commitment that the mindful component promises to repay in the end. Putting resources into stocks and bonds needs inquiry and exploration first.

No they are not the same. Bonds are fixed in price while shares can increase or decrease drastically in price withiin a long or short period of time.

When I saw this thread , I was just coming to ask what's bond untill I saw the post up here that bond is a loan you give to a company

Have answered this bond question so much today , I think it should be self explanatory that bond is loaning off while stock is a share of a company

The major difference between stocks and bunds is that in terms of stocks, it gives certain rights of ownership in the company, while bunds Are simply loans from you to the said company or to the government.

The major difference between stocks and bunds is that in terms of stocks, it gives certain rights of ownership in the company, while bunds Are simply loans from you to the said company or to the government.
I think with bonds it like you are giving out your money to government or companies to use for business and playback with Interest in a year, this is not a bad one but I wish to know those who manage the affairs of bonds.

The distinction among stocks and bonds is that stocks are shares in the ownership for business, while bonds are a type of obligation that the responsible element vows to reimburse eventually. Investing in stocks and bonds needs enquiry and research first

Stocks are investment vehicles that you purchase to be part of the ownership of a company or be able to trade the future of the company while bonds are means of investment or financial instruments that are credit facilities or credit based.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back