Decentralized Social Media Networks

BrolySSJ

The Legendary Super Saiyan
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 23, 2020
USD
$-0.1000USD
Biznotes
Social media networks are especially important in this day and age, especially considering the fact that there are so many people that are using these platforms in order to promote their online business and so forth. However, there are concerns that have been raised with social media and this is mainly in the privacy settings of these networks. For example, if you look at platforms like Facebook and WhatsApp there are a lot of changes that have happened that allow them to sell your data. Therefore, people are wanting to move away from these platforms due to this concern. What are your thoughts on developing a decentralized social media, like how cryptocurrency is operated? Do you think that such an idea would be possible?

There are zero knowledge roll-ups that are going to start coming out anytime soon and a lot remains to be seen about if social media networks are going to start building on them.

It is possible and it can function on separate servers but have them interact with one another. The problem is, most major social media platforms do not want this. They make too much money off people's data to make it decentralized.

This is going to look like a very good opportunity but I am kind of curious about how the platform are going to be getting revenue in order to sustain the platform.

It is possible and it can function on separate servers but have them interact with one another. The problem is, most major social media platforms do not want this. They make too much money off people's data to make it decentralized.

There won't be any information roll-ups released any time soon, and it's still unclear whether social media networks will begin expanding on them.

I think making social media decentralized will be nice but i doubt the owners of this social media platforms would like this because it seems like they are really making a lot of our data.

Social media networks are especially important in this day and age, especially considering the fact that there are so many people that are using these platforms in order to promote their online business and so forth. However, there are concerns that have been raised with social media and this is mainly in the privacy settings of these networks. For example, if you look at platforms like Facebook and WhatsApp there are a lot of changes that have happened that allow them to sell your data. Therefore, people are wanting to move away from these platforms due to this concern. What are your thoughts on developing a decentralized social media, like how cryptocurrency is operated? Do you think that such an idea would be possible?
Some also argue that centralized social media networks hold excessive control over their users and their data, and that decentralized networks could provide more user privacy and control. Due to the lack of central authority to regulate content, decentralized networks might potentially support free speech.

A couple of years ago, I joined a couple of social media sites that claimed to be decentralized social media. They said they were based on blockchain technology. However, I stopped using them because I got bored.

I'm not really sure a decentralized social media platform is supposed to work. I can't picture how it's going to work in relationship with how cryptocurrency works. But if they can be create such social media platforms where user data and content are stored on a blockchain and independent servers, there won't be anything like stealing and using of our data for any gain like Mark Zuckerberg did with Facebook years ago.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back