What's new

Charging ebike battery in a cafe?

They're just being stingy and crabby. Also, he obviously has a chip on his shoulder because his business isn't doing too well, with all the empty tables.
Such a big part of business success is how you interact with your customers.
Would you want to return to a place like that? I can promise you that you weren't the first he managed to "scold" just to temporarily blow off some steam and feel better.
In fact, this is exactly how you lose customers and sales.

Exactly! There's no way the so called manager is doing well and there were so many empty tables with no customers. He definitely doesn't know a thing about how to run and manage a restaurant. I don't see the business being functional for a very long time. Customers hate to be disrespected.

Honestly, as a customer, if I receive that message, I do not go again to this restaurant/bar, in short, there are many more places where you can go to do the same and be treated much better.

As you also say, it is the first time you received such information, so they could have been more cordial if it was the first time you are informed of something and you have not relapsed.

It is obvious that the establishment do not consider making the customer happy and it is why when you take a look around the restaurant, you won't see many customers there.

The manager will realize that they are running at a loss soon when the cost of running the business can't be offset by the income that comes from sales because I don't understand the reason they are making a fuss about the customer that wanted to charge his bike there. Something that is not going to cost more than a dollar to the business in electricity bill.

It is obvious that the establishment do not consider making the customer happy and it is why when you take a look around the restaurant, you won't see many customers there.

The manager will realize that they are running at a loss soon when the cost of running the business can't be offset by the income that comes from sales because I don't understand the reason they are making a fuss about the customer that wanted to charge his bike there. Something that is not going to cost more than a dollar to the business in electricity bill.
It is not a question of having one customer or 50 customers on a table. You could find a restaurant with a lot of customers but there is some selfish behavior from workers there for example they come every 5 minutes to clean the table to insist you eat fast, or for example cleans the place under your feet while eating or for example did you want to drink another thing and you know all the list of these bad behavior like they want someone to eat in one minute and leave place to another person which seems not logic.

It is not a question of having one customer or 50 customers on a table. You could find a restaurant with a lot of customers but there is some selfish behavior from workers there for example they come every 5 minutes to clean the table to insist you eat fast, or for example cleans the place under your feet while eating or for example did you want to drink another thing and you know all the list of these bad behavior like they want someone to eat in one minute and leave place to another person which seems not logic.

You are agreeing with me without knowing. Let me explain something that you should know on this. If they have this attitude of asking a customer to eat fast and leave, then they will get bad reviews in the area and that will make a lot of other people don't want to visit such restaurant. Do you now see the picture clearly?

You are agreeing with me without knowing. Let me explain something that you should know on this. If they have this attitude of asking a customer to eat fast and leave, then they will get bad reviews in the area and that will make a lot of other people don't want to visit such restaurant. Do you now see the picture clearly?
In my country in many bars and restaurants are putting measures like these that seem absurd to me really, such as putting the time you can spend in the restaurant according to what you order, that is, 1 coffee is 15 minutes, if you drink a beer you have half an hour and things like that, if you want to increase the productivity of your business, I sincerely believe that this is not the best way to do it, since the only thing you will do is lose customers and therefore lower productivity.

In my country in many bars and restaurants are putting measures like these that seem absurd to me really, such as putting the time you can spend in the restaurant according to what you order, that is, 1 coffee is 15 minutes, if you drink a beer you have half an hour and things like that, if you want to increase the productivity of your business, I sincerely believe that this is not the best way to do it, since the only thing you will do is lose customers and therefore lower productivity.
They want to insist you to bring coffee with you. I think for example one coffee in 15 minutes could be achievable if you go alone to the coffee but for example if 3 boys goes to together or 6 girls goes together to one coffee then one coffee in 15 minutes seems a very little time if you spend 5 to 10 minutes to place yourself and then to place order and drink and talk about life inquiries this seems no less than 45 minutes. It takes commercial aspect more than retaining customers.
Yes that is what is happening exactly.

A time limit according to what you order? WOW. I mean unless you order a coffee and then spend 5 hours there working online and feeding off their Internet, that may interfere with allowing a free table for more customers coming in to eat or order drinks. But as long as there is enough room and not a whole lineup of customers waiting for a table, I see no reason for these "time limits".

A time limit according to what you order? WOW. I mean unless you order a coffee and then spend 5 hours there working online and feeding off their Internet, that may interfere with allowing a free table for more customers coming in to eat or order drinks. But as long as there is enough room and not a whole lineup of customers waiting for a table, I see no reason for these "time limits".

The only kind of business where I accept the use of time is when you pay for a hotel room. This gives you 24 hours to when the payment expires and if you want to keep staying beyond 24 hours, you will have to pay again. Any other kind of business especially restaurant where you're forced to stay limited time isn't justified in my opinion but hey, it's their business and they run as they see fit.

I'm assuming the manager doesn't know much about ebikes and thought they took a lot of juice to charge. And to be fair, I think they have every right to ask you not to charge your ebike. I imagine they only allow charging of phones, tablets and laptops, and didn't even consider e-bikes.

I think it's probably a case of the manager doesn't know anything about the power use to charge an e-bike and won't allow it for that reason.
The manager was at fault in this case. If they didn't want charging of e-bikes, there's should be a big sign with caps NO CHARGING OF E-BIKE BATTERY. Customers won't go against the instructions. If they don't want customers to charge anything, they should remove all socket from where customers sit.

The only kind of business where I accept the use of time is when you pay for a hotel room. This gives you 24 hours to when the payment expires and if you want to keep staying beyond 24 hours, you will have to pay again. Any other kind of business especially restaurant where you're forced to stay limited time isn't justified in my opinion but hey, it's their business and they run as they see fit.

Well, when you stay in a restaurant for a long time, the staff and management will start frowning at you as if you have not paid the bill. As far as charging battery is concerned, I think that certain kinds of airliners also allow you to do that for a fee. However, I am not sure if they allow you to charge your bike's battery.

Well, when you stay in a restaurant for a long time, the staff and management will start frowning at you as if you have not paid the bill. As far as charging battery is concerned, I think that certain kinds of airliners also allow you to do that for a fee. However, I am not sure if they allow you to charge your bike's battery.

No, that's not how restaurants are managed in my country. Whenever you ordered for anything, you're paying for it immediately and it's brought to your table. They don't give you what you ordered for you to eat and pay later. The reason why they stopped it here was as a result of some people eating and giving excuses they can't pay or their card isn't working.

No, that's not how restaurants are managed in my country. Whenever you ordered for anything, you're paying for it immediately and it's brought to your table. They don't give you what you ordered for you to eat and pay later. The reason why they stopped it here was as a result of some people eating and giving excuses they can't pay or their card isn't working.

I think that it may work differently in different settings. As far as charging a battery is concerned, I do not think that a restaurant has any right to condemn you for that, especially if the owner or the management of the restaurant does not need to pay a huge sum of money for that in the form of bills. Most restaurants in here do not offer this facility at all.

This is a good business strategy. If customer's behaviour in your location are of the habit of ordering and eating without paying, it's best to ask for payment before processing their order. I will use this strategy in my restaurant business if I have one but I won't worry my customers about charing their phones, laptops or e-bike if they have one.

This is a good business strategy. If customer's behaviour in your location are of the habit of ordering and eating without paying, it's best to ask for payment before processing their order. I will use this strategy in my restaurant business if I have one but I won't worry my customers about charing their phones, laptops or e-bike if they have one.

There are many businesses that ask for payment before they would place your order. However, I do not think that this means that the restaurant or cafe should not offer other services for free. They could offer many other things for free and getting your battery charged is one of them, especially in case if electricity is cheaper in your city.

I think that it may work differently in different settings. As far as charging a battery is concerned, I do not think that a restaurant has any right to condemn you for that, especially if the owner or the management of the restaurant does not need to pay a huge sum of money for that in the form of bills. Most restaurants in here do not offer this facility at all.

Actually, I don't see any reason why it's not something that's going to work in other places. It's just the same thing with going to a supermarket to buy things. You will pay for whatever you picked from the shelves before using them just like paying for your food in the restaurant before eating them.

Actually, I don't see any reason why it's not something that's going to work in other places. It's just the same thing with going to a supermarket to buy things. You will pay for whatever you picked from the shelves before using them just like paying for your food in the restaurant before eating them.

Each and every business has its own particular policy. However, it is all about offering certain kinds of services as a complimentary gift, especially if the customer is a regular customer. If I were running a restaurant, then I would have offered them to charge their batteries for free.

There are many businesses that ask for payment before they would place your order. However, I do not think that this means that the restaurant or cafe should not offer other services for free. They could offer many other things for free and getting your battery charged is one of them, especially in case if electricity is cheaper in your city.

I was in a restaurant today where I ordered for fried rice, salad, roasted chicken laps and Five Alive juice. I paid for the food before I took it to my eating table. I never had any problems paying before taking my food. I was allowed to charge my phone for 3 hours I was in the restaurant.

I was in a restaurant today where I ordered for fried rice, salad, roasted chicken laps and Five Alive juice. I paid for the food before I took it to my eating table. I never had any problems paying before taking my food. I was allowed to charge my phone for 3 hours I was in the restaurant.

There are many restaurants that may have absolutely no problem with that. I am quite sure that charging a battery does not consume a lots of electricity at all. So, allowing customers to do that is a kind gesture. In fact, such kind gestures are commendable under all circumstances.

There are many restaurants that may have absolutely no problem with that. I am quite sure that charging a battery does not consume a lots of electricity at all. So, allowing customers to do that is a kind gesture. In fact, such kind gestures are commendable under all circumstances.

Yes, their services was very good and they had a lot of customers walking in and leaving throughout the time I was there and also those ate in the restaurant like I did. I don't know if they had any issues with charging an e-bike,I will find out the next time I go there to eat.

Yes, their services was very good and they had a lot of customers walking in and leaving throughout the time I was there and also those ate in the restaurant like I did. I don't know if they had any issues with charging an e-bike,I will find out the next time I go there to eat.

There are many businesses that offer such kind of services. In fact, in many cases, they may never even charge you for that, as they may consider such kind of services as complimentary service that may enable them to create regular customers. Unfortunately, many businessmen may not emphasise on this and this is why they may lose customers.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back