What's new

Can the government make pension schemes a must.

Do you think the government can pass a law stating that any company or establishment that meets a certain industry standard must create pension schemes for their employees who are going to work with them for say a minimum of 10years. Do you think that is feasible. I think what the private companies will do is to just sack their employees before they reach that time period. Perhaps it is possible for the government to make sure that all companies have a compulsory pension schemes for their workers???.
That is how it is supposed to be in an ideal state. Companies especially private ones are milking their employees so bad that they drain their capacity while working with them, and when they are discharged they do not compensate them in any way. That is a gruesome way of treating employees.

Yes, I think the government can make pension a must for all workers but it has not been a must for the workers here in Nigeria, it's still a matter of choice some workers go register for pension while other workers does not believe in the scheme of pension.

From the best of my knowing I think that pension schemes are ya must. I also think that it applies to all countries who cares for the welfare of its people. But the problem is that there is too many failed system in poor countries.

This would have been one of the best policies made by the government but the fear is are the government going to honor their promises when it is time for these people to claim what belongs to them? Pension scheme is a very good policy to make preparations for the retirees.

It would be a great step if government would take it. Yes if some one works hard and remains loyal to company he deserves something by them like pension.
But by this that company will go into losses. It just government can afford to give pension no other company can

The main objective of the pension scheme is to ensure that every person that worked in either
the Public or Private Sectors in a country including the self-employed persons
receives his/her retirement benefits as and when due. Government can bring in a guidliness in as much the private sector meet up the criteriaint

I think thus would have its own pros and cons. Here the government has its own compulsory pension scheme fro its workers but not on small private organizations. There are a lot of insurance companies offering different schemes so people usually prefer to select the one that they think would work best for them and they can manage effectively.

I don't think the government can do that. The private sector can decide whether to include a pension scheme or not. The labour laws is another factor to be considered. If the labour laws can be changed by the government then pension schemes can be made compulsory.

There is a law on ground that mandates all employer to pay 7.5% of their staff basic salary to a pension scheme while the same amount is also deducted from the employee and sent to the pension fund manager. Some wicked employer deduct this money and do not remit.

Such bill can only work in a civilized countries, I don't think that my country can be able to embrace sure a good idea, Nigerian government have not even paid the people who worked for them tirelessly for years, so how can they encourage others to do what they are not doing? it's not possible.
Post automatically merged:

Such bill can only work in a civilized countries, I don't think that my country can be able to embrace sure a good idea, Nigerian government have not even paid the people who worked for them tirelessly for years, so how can they encourage others to do what they are not doing? it's not possible.

Yes government shot taker stand and make it compulsory to give pension in every company and industry to the employers who has work since beginning and now retired off it is necessary for the employees to get the pension scheme monthly but unfortunately in some countries the government has given the statement but the companies and industries are not following the rules and even not following right now to make it compulsory to give pension to all the employers who are retired

Do you think the government can pass a law stating that any company or establishment that meets a certain industry standard must create pension schemes for their employees who are going to work with them for say a minimum of 10years. Do you think that is feasible. I think what the private companies will do is to just sack their employees before they reach that time period. Perhaps it is possible for the government to make sure that all companies have a compulsory pension schemes for their workers???.
It is a wonderful policy that government can implement, but again, this is going to be difficult to be respected by the private sectors since the salaries in most of their places are not as lucrative as what government workers earn. This means that if you remove pension, the staff may have very little as take home fee.

I strongly doubt that government can make pension scheme a must for private companies. Note that, even the government agencies do not regularly pay pension to their retiree. So, they are also guilty in this regard.

I don't think this is really feasible because most standard companies pays their workers handsomely and they believe they are already paying them their salary with pension all together. And let's even compare government salary with private company salary whether they are the same at first
It is actually feasible as opposed to your view on whether government can make payment of pension a must by all organizations be it private or government owned. It is just a matter of reviewing the labour constitution of the nation. And also, you cannot say private companies have paid workers pension with their salaries while active. It is not possible.

That will be a very good development especially those working in private companies. in some countries pension scheme is a must both for government workers and private workers. In Nigeria pension scheme is the most for government workers but for private workers I am not sure.

This is something that has been a pressing issue that is very common in my country, I believe beyond the government if there is a labor law that fines company that don’t comply with this, it’s would be taking seriously.

you pay Income Tax, the government adds money to your workplace pension as tax relief. If you don't pay Income Tax, you'll get tax relief if your pension scheme uses relief at source to add tax relief to your pension.

Yes the government can make pensions scheme a must. The set of people have worked with the government and they need to be appreciated and accredented for the rest of there lives. It should be a must so that they can be well appreciated to thank them.

Pension which is a deduction an employer set aside for it's employee is very important,as this
serves as a sure security after retirement or a certain period of sarvice.
But gov can impliment and possibly enforce the pension law on all firm that meet a certain threshood of staff,And put up astrigent guidlines to avoid early termination of employees by some dishonest employer.

I can say that it's not possible for government to say that private firm should be paying pension for their retirement staffs. Let compare the of salary that private workers are earning to government workers you will know that is not possible to make that rule.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back