What's new

Can the government make pension schemes a must.

I don't think this is really feasible because most standard companies pays their workers handsomely and they believe they are already paying them their salary with pension all together. And let's even compare government salary with private company salary whether they are the same at first

Do you think the government can pass a law stating that any company or establishment that meets a certain industry standard must create pension schemes for their employees who are going to work with them for say a minimum of 10years. Do you think that is feasible. I think what the private companies will do is to just sack their employees before they reach that time period. Perhaps it is possible for the government to make sure that all companies have a compulsory pension schemes for their workers???.
Compelling every establishment be it government, private or NGOs to have a pension plan for their permanent staff is very important. This alone gives every worker sense of belonging peace of mind in working.

When you pay into a workplace pension, your employer and the government also contribute. The amount paid depends on your employer’s pension scheme and your earnings, but minimum contribution rates are set. Find out how much this could be and how to get an estimate of your pension fund
Do you think the government can pass a law stating that any company or establishment that meets a certain industry standard must create pension schemes for their employees who are going to work with them for say a minimum of 10years. Do you think that is feasible. I think what the private companies will do is to just sack their employees before they reach that time period. Perhaps it is possible for the government to make sure that all companies have a compulsory pension schemes for their workers???.
When you pay into a workplace pension, your employer and the government also contribute. The amount paid depends on your employer’s pension scheme and your earnings, but minimum contribution rates are set. Find out how much this could be and how to get an estimate of your pension fund
Post automatically merged:

Yes dear it is possible But only for big and multinational private companies Because small scale business And companies owners and not able to afford pensions for their retired employees, so the govt must enlist and encourage all big companies to start this pension scheme.

No I don't think so, that will be infringing on the rights of those companies, they are not obligated to pay pension or gratuity scheme or whatever, what they are suppose to pay is the wages/salaries any other is just additional pay the company wants to pay.

Your employer must automatically enrol you into a pension scheme and make contributions to your pension if you’re eligible for automatic enrolment.
If your employer does not have to enrol you by law, you can still join their pension scheme if you want to. Your employer cannot refuse.

Government already has provision for pension schemes, some government parastatals use pension scheme it is just corruption and bad government that made it look not feasible, and also there are law terms during employment contract that provides for employees and employers scheme but it's not common here

Even if they make it compulsory some private companies will still cut coners,I don't trust them.the scheme can be made compulsory but the smaller companies cannot have this kind of law because they can't really afford it.

It would be excellent for the government to execute that decision, since all of us, as workers in private companies or public entities, deserve this assignment. I have seen many elderly people suffering from lack of income and only depend on the benefit of their children and relatives. With the pension they will be able to cushion the expenses.

Can the government make pension scheme a must?
Pension is something that is very important and profitable.
It is very good arrangement because it will be very difficult for old people without provision for future survival.

You can leave if you want to. If you opt out within a month of your employer adding you to the scheme, you'll get back any money you've already paid in. You may not be able to get your payments refunded if you opt out later - they'll usually stay in your pension until you retire.

Yes, in Nigeria pension scheme is a must, it is deducted from the salary of the employee per month and it's made compulsory by the government that all firm even private firm should deduct a percent of salaries paid per month as pension money fir their employees

Anything is possible by any government so far as its been passed as law.so pension schemes can become become a must should the government orders its implementation, everybody concerned will have to oblige.

According to my own point of view, I don't believe government can make pension scheme a must, it is a matter of choice and it is a choice that majority of the world likes, but I believe some private organization can make pension scheme a must
Post automatically merged:

According to my own point of view, I don't believe government can make pension scheme a must, it is a matter of choice and it is a choice that majority of the world likes, but I believe some private organization can make pension scheme a must

No government cannot make pension scheme a must for all organization within the country. This including private organization. The government can only make pension scheme compulsory for all government firm and staff but not all organization within the country

Yes the government of my country make the pension scheme both for the private companies workers and government workers but the private coy workers has clause. The private companies must be a big one that employ more than 10 or 20 workers. When I was working with a big private hospital,there was certain amount that been deducted from my salary and it was being saving as my pension in a bank which I have access to it.

The amount paid depends on your employer's pension scheme and your earnings, but ... Find out what your employer must do, what they can choose to do and what they must not do.
Funding can be provided in other ways, such as from labor unions, government agencies, or self-funded schemes.

Pension plan is a very good scheme for the employees to have a good retirement package but I don't trust the government at all. They've tried it before and disappointed people, can they do it again? I doubt it. There are many retirees out there who are suffering all because they couldn't get their retirement package.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back