What's new

Between a laptop and desktop which is advisable to buy for children.

I'm seeking advice on which to buy for children between laptop and desktop.
I was told a desktop is very strong and rugged than a laptop, that a laptop spoils easily and not strong as a desktops.
But you know that a laptop uses battery which makes it available for use after electricity shortage, but when there is no electricity you can't use a desktop.

So which one is advisable to buy for children.?
Go for desktop, I advice you to go for desktop. Desktop is more stronger than laptop, when you buy laptop for your children, you will surprised that the laptop can get damaged as soon as possible. But desktop is always strong in nature and can last for a long time.

Both are very good, but first we must put somethings into considerations such as the age of the child and your financial strength aswel. But looking at the educational aspect of it one will consider the desktop system because that will give the child a deeper understanding of what a computer is made up of, and expose the chid to the peripherals devices that makes up a complete computer system, while on the other hand a laptop will show the child how modernised a computer can be and help the child to learn more while on the go. But I would rather prefer a desktop system first for the child before introducing the laptop.
Post automatically merged:

Both are very good, but first we must put somethings into considerations such as the age of the child and your financial strength aswel. But looking at the educational aspect of it one will consider the desktop system because that will give the child a deeper understanding of what a computer is made up of, and expose the chid to the peripherals devices that makes up a complete computer system, while on the other hand a laptop will show the child how modernised a computer can be and help the child to learn more while on the go. But I would rather prefer a desktop system first for the child before introducing the laptop.

Last edited:
A lot of things are put into consideration when parents want to buy either a laptop or desktop for their children, it has it pros and cons. Firstly, parent should know what the kids want to use the system/desktop for, the aim for buying

With regards to hardware be it electronic toys or utility gadget, kids will in general be curious of the electronic they will in general think about the thing is presumably making the contraption do what it can do. So the between a PC or work area which is fitting to purchase for kids? well to me three things are considered here 1 age of the youngster, 2 space accessible at home and 3 motivation behind needing to purchase such a contraption. Anyway with respect to me I will incline toward Desktop.

I was told a desktop is very strong and rugged than a laptop, that a laptop spoils easily and not strong as a desktops.
But you know that a laptop uses battery which makes it available for use after electricity shortage, but when there is no electricity you can't use a desktop.

For me I think tab laptop is more expensive turn on families to buy for their kids so they can start with desktop until they have money to buy laptop and one thing desktop is easily maintain that laptop except that family is super rich then they should go for laptop but if it's a struggling family they should go for a desktop is still the same thing

A laptop is better or better still why don't you buy kiddies tab, ideal for their age and loaded with educational activities, it uses battery as well and has attractive colours specially designed for children.

i advise you to go for a laptop.why?
because laptop is very cheap and doesn't require buying extra hardware such as keyboard,mousepad,screen that you would need to buy with a deaktop

I will prefer laptop over desktop because it portable to carry anywhere you are going it good mostly for student
laptop is the best option for students who are going to school outside of the home every day, and need a computer for classes. While laptops are more delicate than desktop PCs,

When it comes to electronics be it electronic toys or or utility device, children tends to be inquisitive of the electronic they tends to wonder what is probably causing the gadget to do what it is capable of doing. So the between a laptop or desktop which is advisable to buy for children? well to me three things are considered here 1 age of the child, 2 space available at home and 3 purpose of wanting to buy such a gadget. However as for me I will prefer Desktop.
Even through at this age kids don't need their personal computers,"tech" parents can start considering buying them.if your child is between 8 to 12 year old and beings to seek more independence and privacy,this well probably be the best time to invest in their first laptop.so laptop is best for children.

I think it depends on the discipline and age of your child if your child is well discipline and is at least up to 14 years then the laptop would be preferable but if your child is less than that age or does not have enough responsible attitude then desktop computer for him or her.

As the school year approaches, the deadline for parents to outfit their students with the best and most appropriate technology looms near. A desktop PC is a static, stationary computer that will stay on a desk in an office or bedroom. It usually consists of various parts: a tower, a monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse. PCs are generally more customizable than laptops as well. A laptop also called a notebook is a portable, all-in-one device that usually has USB inputs on the sides for optional peripherals. A laptop is the best option for students who are going to school outside of the home every day, and need a computer for classes.

There is no big deal if you buy the desktop computer for your children since they are going to be using it to learn. One thing I can see is your major concern is power outage. You can see play by ups with the strong backup that will last up to two hours for the system. If you buy laptop for your children they will see it as a toy, and then do whatever they like with it and this can get the laptop spoilt easily.

Did you say children, well timeliness is everything, certain age requires certain exposure. Different families with different principles a desktop computer is not a bad suggestion depending on the urgency, everything should flow gradually.

Get them a desktop. Kids are not cautious enough to be conscious about taking care of gadgets like phones and laptops. These things are mobile and would easily be destroyed kids. Mount a desktop and also watch out how its used or abused

It is risky to get a laptop for children. Laptop is mobile , it is moveable for them so can easyly smash it on the around or rather pure water on it or mistakenly sit on it. But as for desktop it will be in a place and it is big for them to carry around . so whatever that want to do will be in one position.

I would have loved it if it were a laptop. But I do not know the reason why you want to make a choice of any. If the reason is more of to monitor their activities physically, then you should opt for the desktop where they won't be moving it about at will

Electricity is one thing but beside that desktop would be better for child as their first. It's not really portable or battery operated but it's built-in is strong and it's reliable than laptops. Even if later they ruin the desktop you can repair it easily.

Both are good devices to buy for children in this era of digitization where internet has taken over.The most suitable for children between the two is laptop.It is portable and easily movable.

My kids uses laptop and desktop for their online classes since when one is not available, can use the other. If you want it to be portable, it's better to buy laptop. It also saves on electricity consumption. Once the battery is charged, you can unplugged. If your looking for a long term upgrade of cpu components, desktop is much better. Regarding the reliability and quality of laptops, it depends on which brand I think. I bought a Toshiba laptop since 2008 and it is still working until now.

If this is the First time you are buying a computer system for your children, make it a desktop computer so that they will learn from the scratch how to use the computer and so that they won't be glued to it all the time, since desktop computer is only used when there is electricity.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back