What's new

At what age should I start planning for my retirement??

When you reach 40 perhaps it is a good time to think of retirement. At least you have plenty of time to save money and to make an investment for your retirement years. When I retired we already have a home that is fully paid and 2 cars, both brand new, that we bought from my savings. It is important to have some savings even if you have a retirement pay in your job. It would also be good to aim in having your own home at age 40.

Some people go into active service earlier than others, some while serving from that young age never puts planning for retirement into consideration, they keep believing that age is by their side until it clicks out on them.
So in your candid opinion, what age is it right to start planning for retirement? Thia is for both public, private worker and even business owners.
In our country which is Pakistan our government sector employees start planning at the age of 60 while for the private sector organizations the retirement age and conditions vary in accordance with the organization.

Retirement should be taken, while you get tired from your job or when you can't be able to do a job. Mostly people get their retirement between the age 50 to 60 years of age.
Lucky people if they have the fortune to retire at such age. In my former country the great idea of the government is, little by little, to get it over with the retirement system as people knew until a decade ago, forcing people to work until enough old even to gent into daily activities/chores. Before moving to Brazil, I was a local policewoman (working offline and online simultaneously) in whose headquarter one of the best topic of conversations into collegues was government to expect us burst into police station (where not in the roads) at 80, 90 years old, where not working to only pay public debts. Now, the current minimum age to retire is averagely between 67 and 71 years old and the idea is to raise this age more and more (3 months increasings) as time pass by. Until there will be people that won't never retire, as used to be during my great-grandparents age, no welfare times: when old people were not more capable to work, they needed to be maintained for even having lunch and dinner by their sons, daughters, nephews and nices. Whoever with no family and relatives was left to the neighbor's charity.

Last edited:
One need to start planning his or her retirement when he or she have a job. This is because as soon as you start work and don't plan for your future and retirement, you will end up retiring without planning for it.

Some people go into active service earlier than others, some while serving from that young age never puts planning for retirement into consideration, they keep believing that age is by their side until it clicks out on them.
So in your candid opinion, what age is it right to start planning for retirement? Thia is for both public, private worker and even business owners.
I am wondering how can a member himself choose the time of retirement? In government organizations or companies, government choose the time of the retirement of a person and even in private sectors,owners of company set a rule and time for the pension.

The very big matter in my former country is a very high rate of unemployment that this month counts 42%. 42% of unemployees means impossibility to decently retire for a big amount of population. Point is there is an official signed document compelling the government to maintain a certain unemployment rate cause very high public debt. As the retirement law says there must be more than 40 regular working year to get a decent living, it's very hard for everyone crossing 40 years old without having had a regular job (lot of people can only count with grey-market in order to survive and possibly maintain family -but some of them can't even build up a family in such conditions :confused: ). Yet there are various third aged forced to 300 social security retirement in a country where average monthly rent of a one-room apartment is just that amount.

When working have it at the back of your mind that one day you’ll retire. Some people have the habit of spending money lavishly that why saving I send important in a mans life. Don’t plan to use all your lifetime to work for someone instead people working for you when you retire

I think you should start planning early enough so as to get the best retirement plan possible. Your savings and pension paid when you retire and other long term investments you may have been involved in while active should serve as a base for starting up when you retire.

Once you start having an income on a basis, you make a schedule for your life, because if you don't succeed at a certain age, it wouldn't matter later, some things are fun only if they come in their right time

It's actually depends on the country you are for example in Africa the retirement age of a government worker is 65 years that means in this situation you should start preparing for retirement when you are 60, I don't know of all the continents of the world I don't even know the one on the Western World but in u.k. the retirement age of a government worker in 65 years old

Palnningbfor retirement doesn't have a specific time, as long as the person is financially stable and also has a steady work one can start planning for retirement, because the earlier the better, planning early gives an individual peace of mind, the person won't have to start thinking about what to eat or wear after retirement everything would have been taken care of.

Not too early start planning of retirement and we should make plan near retirement date and make plan for investment in crypto it is best way to earn money from investment in crypto.

Save up now and use that money to open your own business. If it's successful you can even retire early and just manage your business. Then continue to save up from your profits and keep increasing your assets.

You don't have to wait till a certain age before planning your pension, once you have a job you should always save for the rainy day and your present job could be a life opportunity because no one knows what tommorow holds, so it's better to prepare

I think it will be right if you can start as early as the day you got the employment , so as to be able to saved enough before retirement . Most times , starting to save when you have few years to retirement is not usually effective .

Now is the right time to start planning for your retirement. Planning for your retirement now gives the the ability to look into future on a long term vision.

This gives you chance to travel into the future and plan your life from the end back to the present.

We should plan for retirement between the ages of forty-five and fifty, as this is the age at which a person is affected and the decision of the tire minute is the most important. It is up to man to make his decision. And man should always do business after his retirement so that he can make more money
Post automatically merged:

We should plan for retirement between the ages of forty-five and fifty, as this is the age at which a person is affected and the decision of the tire minute is the most important. It is up to man to make his decision. And man should always do business after his retirement so that he can make more money

The retirement age in Pakistan is 60 years. But by the time a person reaches sixty years of life, he has wasted his energy. In my opinion, a person should retire at the age of 45 to 50 to have the courage and strength to start a business.
The retirement does not depend only your age, but also your physically and mentally health. If your not fit, physically or mentally then you should take your retirement before the age of sixty. Mostly, people take retirement between the age 50 to 60.

Another point I want to add is that according to my own understanding retirement is not based upon your age but your years in service in a government or private firm. Once you have reached thirty five years of service irrespective of your age you are expected to retire.

The best time to start planning about your retirement, is about 60 years you start planning about your retirement is very important so that at the time you get to 70 years you start receiving your money,

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back