What's new

Are you the computer person of the family?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Do you have that person in the family that everyone seems to go to for tech help or help with their PCs or something? I bring this up because I always seem to be the one doing this myself, whether it be teaching my dad to use a tablet, or helping my aunt and sister move photos from their phones to a PC. Or if they run into their own PC problems, but have a PC that's 10+ years old.

Well, I could consider me as such, although my older brother also knows a lot, I've been with a computer almost since I was 7 years old more or less, and since then I've always had one and I really liked investigating topics related to computing and informing myself in general, although I am not an expert, I manage well with it, as for my family, I would say that I am the one who knows the most about it.

I know more than my husband & parents do but honestly, it's not much. Since I'm on forums & I browse tech boards, I have learned a few tips & tricks. Plus I'm able to ask other members questions. That is the advantage I have over non-forum users.

Well, I could consider me as such, although my older brother also knows a lot, I've been with a computer almost since I was 7 years old more or less, and since then I've always had one and I really liked investigating topics related to computing and informing myself in general, although I am not an expert, I manage well with it, as for my family, I would say that I am the one who knows the most about it.
How often do your parents or other family members ask you and your brother for help with PCs and other tech things? I feel it's most of my family who asks me. Last week my aunt wanted me to check out her phone. A while back my nephew got a virus on his PC and I had to make a house call to fix that haha. It can be annoying, but also is fun to be needed in that way.

How often do your parents or other family members ask you and your brother for help with PCs and other tech things? I feel it's most of my family who asks me. Last week my aunt wanted me to check out her phone. A while back my nephew got a virus on his PC and I had to make a house call to fix that haha. It can be annoying, but also is fun to be needed in that way.
Personally, they contact me with any problem that they cannot solve, sometimes they have even asked me for help to enter in their digital bank account, you know, older people today manage very little even with the most easy thing in computer terms, it's always been like this, since I got interested in computers from a very early age, in your case it seems to be the same, as you say it can be annoying, but actually it's not so much, as long as you like it computing

Unfortunately, yes. This means anytime someone has a problem they ask me... And it happens on a weekly basis. I can't tell you how many times I had gotten stuck on the phone or had to go to my mother in law's because she messed something up.

Do you have that person in the family that everyone seems to go to for tech help or help with their PCs or something? I bring this up because I always seem to be the one doing this myself, whether it be teaching my dad to use a tablet, or helping my aunt and sister move photos from their phones to a PC. Or if they run into their own PC problems, but have a PC that's 10+ years old.
Yes! Not only computer but for any electronic gadget they are going to check with me if I can fix it or suggest a solution for it. Its majorly because our generation is all around tech since the beginning but our the older generation didn't have anything close to tech.

Me and my brother are kind of a mix of the computer people in the family. I know some things he doesn't and he knows some things I don't. However, he's a better problem-solver than I am, so he usually ends up fixing most things in the house that break.

Well in my family I happen to know a little bit over my other family members and I think that is one of the reasons that make me seem like I know it very well but in reality, I do read as much as I can whenever I can because whatever I do has to do with computers

Well I am not the only one who could work with the computer at home. My other siblings are also guru with tech. But my parents are not well grounded with tech these days...

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back