What's new

Would lack of sleep cause high blood pressure?

Ja Sa Bong

Staff member
Writer's Staff Team
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2023
USD
$1.0200USD
Biznotes
The whole Christmas and new year celebration had me so stressed out to the point where I wasn't getting enough sleep. For the past 5 days, I've not slept more than 3 hours every night. I went for check up today and my BP was 170/100.

Could be as a result of my lack of sleep which caused this?

It looks like it, the fact that sleeping little affects the whole body, sleeping so few hours in all these days has surely caused you to have that blood pressure, since you are depriving yourself of one of the main things you must do to have optimal health, which is sleep.

I went for check up today and my BP was 170/100.

Could be as a result of my lack of sleep which caused this?
Possibly. Lack of sleep is associated with numerous health issues. If you have obstructive sleep apnea then your sleep quality is bad no matter how long you think you were out, which could also be a problem.

But that BP is a problem. Keep monitoring. If you can't get it down, go to a doctor and get a prescription. I had undiagnosed hypertension which may be why I now have chronic kidney disease.

High BP is no joke. Take care of it either through diet and lifestyle (which is what my site in the siggy is about) or medical intervention.

170/100 is a really high blood pressure. I am on pills for hypertension (high blood pressure) and I usually get a 138/60 or something at each checkup, I always forget the second number haha. But my pressure is still a bit high as it should be around 120/40 I think.

As for your blood pressure, what did you and your doctor discuss? Lack of sleep alone won't cause your blood pressure to get this high. The stress will cause problems sure, but there's likely something else that's causing the high blood pressure. It may even be a reason why you're having so much stress. What's your diet like? Do you workout often? Do you eat a lot of foods high in sodium? If so, cut out sodium as much as you can, or just lower your intake of it.

Your doctor should have discussed options with you at your check up, like having you check your blood pressure on a daily or weekly basis to see if the problem continues. If you continue to have a high blood pressure, your doctor should prescribe you with medicine for hypertension.

None of us are doctors though, so I suggest making a follow up appointment about your blood pressure and go from there. Your doctor will figure out the next best steps to take from here.

I usually get a 138/60 or something at each checkup, I always forget the second number haha. But my pressure is still a bit high as it should be around 120/40 I think.

"Ideal" is considered 120/80 according to some organizations.

Some other organizations say you will be fine if you stay under 140/90.

I have been lucky when it comes to sleeping. I mean it is not difficult for me to fall asleep each time that I am feeling sleeping and that has helped me so much. There is need to always see the doctor when you notice that you are having difficulty with sleeping.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back