What's new

When should you upgrade your graphics card?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I currently have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER installed in my PC. It gets the job done for most games, but I do have to turn down the graphics a bit for newer games. With that being said, am I due for an upgrade? Or should this graphics card last me a good while yet?

Eventually, when I discovered the software, I always kept mine up to date because I had software that would scan my computer to see if my graphics card was up to date or not and notify me when it wasn't.

Well, it depends a lot on what you use the graphic card for, if it is for gaming, you will have to change it regularly, at least every 3-4 years, because video games increasingly require more requirements and the power of the graphics card needs to be increased, On the other hand, another thing to take into account is your budget, it seems obvious, but if you don't have the money you won't always be able to buy the latest graphics card on the market.

You should consider upgrading your graphics card when it no longer meets your performance needs for the tasks or games you want to run. Signs include lag, low frame rates, or not supporting new software. It's advisable when your current card can't handle your desired graphics demands effectively.

Currently, my PC doesn't have a GPU and I am relying totally on the intel HD integrated graphics. It gets the job done as my work is not related to graphics. I still play some older and newer games like Valorant plays at 50 FPS average. But I plan to get a low-profile GPU as I have only 400 watt PSU. If you love playing new games at higher resolution with high FPS and you have the money to spend then you should get the latest GPU or alternatively get a next-gen console for simplicity.

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back