What's new

Should I use Proton Mail instead of gmail?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I hear that Proton Mail is actually a really good email suite, similar to gmail, but is free of advertising and other Google trackers. I was thinking about making an email on it, and giving it a try to see if it's worth using. I always assumed it was some old email service only old people used, but I guess it's more secure than gmail and hotmail is. Who here uses proton mail over the likes of gmail and other email services and suites?

I am also seeing some advertisements in Gmail. I never tried Proton Mail but I may try that in the future. According to some online resources if you prefer privacy and security you should try Proton Mail. Proton claims that it doesn't read your emails so no tracking. But if you want features and better integration with Google ecosystem then you should stick with Gmail. Link about Proton Mail VS Gmail Reddit discussion Here.

Last edited:
I am also seeing some advertisements in Gmail. I never tried Proton Mail but I may try that in the future. According to some online resources if you prefer privacy and security you should try Proton Mail. Proton claims that it doesn't read your emails so no tracking. But if you want features and better integration with Google ecosystem then you should stick with Gmail. Link about Proton Mail VS Gmail Reddit discussion Here.
Of course, Gmail has its uses for sure. Especially with googles suite of software. But for me, I think I'd just use proton mail for finances and more personal stuff.

I do not know whether you should be using Gmail or Proton mail. Even though I have a couple of proton mails, I mostly use gmail as I use a lot of Google services and products.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back