What's new

What's the salary range for a moderator job on a paid to post forum?

Etini

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Nov 17, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I saw adverts on RIF calling for applications from people who are interested in working on the platform as moderators. It got me wondering what the pay structure of such a job is like? A mod here or a former mod and anyone that has such knowledge can share the perspectives here.

I will be expecting someone like @Nomad to give an answer to this question because she's been a moderator on many platforms.

Nomad is a "she"? If so, she is really a super woman. I have always been thinking of her as a male. You know it is a male cliche job.

It's not a very high paying job. I read somewhere Yugocean one of the admin of Trendri is getting $8 per month from the admin

It's not a very high paying job. I read somewhere Yugocean one of the admin of Trendri is getting $8 per month from the admin

$8 per month maybe good or bad depending on what your role is. You can be sure of earning higher once your contribution to the forum is great.

I can't do that kind of work. I am not sure someone can do that kind of work either. I think it is for a week which is not bad.

A moderator should be paid more than or equal to $5 for their work and I am sure Nomad is also paid and even Trendri is paying their moderators and it's important because this way they will work with passion and don't feel it as a burden

I have been paid up to $45 per week for moderation work on a certain forum, where I was not only moderating content but also creating hundreds of posts every week. The pay rate depends on a lot of factors such as the amount of work you have to do and the size of the forum. Most of the forums are paying just $5-$10.

I've previously mentioned elsewhere, that most forums don't pay their moderators as it is considered as a volunteer position. Those forums that do pay their moderators, are on a pay scale, based on how much the owner wants to pay, based on their assumption of how much work is done, and income of the forum

Those that pay without using post to pay as a boost, will generally pay between 15-35 per month. Some forum owners will pay more per month, but it is hard to find those opportunities, as ability does determine the cost. I've even seen some forum owners do a income split with their staff.

Though my personal charge for it if I charge, is atleast $45 to start off, up to $75 per month. This is assuming I am not going to do full time work, but more towards just both moderating and leading.

Have you ever considered advertising here in my signature? This Text Ad Location and the above Graphic Ad Location is available to advertise in.
I think payment also depends on how much budget the owner has. Some forum owners have huge expectations from a moderator, the moderator is not just a moderator, he/she is also a content creator as well as a marketer.

I have been paid up to $45 per week for moderation work on a certain forum, where I was not only moderating content but also creating hundreds of posts every week. The pay rate depends on a lot of factors such as the amount of work you have to do and the size of the forum. Most of the forums are paying just $5-$10.
Does that mean you were getting $45 per week for moderation plus you were earning for your posts,Wow that may mean around $60 or even more from a weeks work.

Does that mean you were getting $45 per week for moderation plus you were earning for your posts,Wow that may mean around $60 or even more from a weeks work.
I was being paid $45 per week for moderating and creating content. I was also responsible for marketing.

I was being paid $45 per week for moderating and creating content. I was also responsible for marketing.
And glad to see you got promoted as Moderator on Referral Index forum and it will be a paying job so will be an extra addition to your earnings.

That seems like a decent pay. I was not very happy to see someone mentioning a single digit per month. The work load and roles might differ from forum to forum. But this is quite evident that it's an important job for any forum. Helps a lot to maintain the quality of the forum and the general health of the forum.
How many forum sites are you working on as a moderator??

That seems like a decent pay. I was not very happy to see someone mentioning a single digit per month. The work load and roles might differ from forum to forum. But this is quite evident that it's an important job for any forum. Helps a lot to maintain the quality of the forum and the general health of the forum.
How many forum sites are you working on as a moderator??
As for now, I am a moderator on two forums and work as posting team staff on two forums. I am also running multiple forums and blogs.

As for now, I am a moderator on two forums and work as posting team staff on two forums. I am also running multiple forums and blogs.
Wow!! That sounds so great. You seem to have a lot on your plate and it seems that you are handling it well. What are the forums and blogs that you are running??

It will be tough to handle as you also like to post on forums and earn so you need to work for longer hours and if not paid decently by a website for the moderator role then you may think of quitting.

Wow!! That sounds so great. You seem to have a lot on your plate and it seems that you are handling it well. What are the forums and blogs that you are running??
You can check my signatures. :D
Well, not all blogs and forums earn me money but some of my sites are earning really well and balance my expenses with non-earning site

It will be tough to handle as you also like to post on forums and earn so you need to work for longer hours and if not paid decently by a website for the moderator role then you may think of quitting.
Well, I don't have a job like you. :D
I post on forums when I do not have any high-paying work to do. I work on my sites as needed. Moderation work does not take a lot of time but you will have to check the site frequently, though.

Well it all depends on how you adapt, for example I see you in many ptp forums, sure I could handle it, because you have experience in it.

Well it all depends on how you adapt, for example I see you in many ptp forums, sure I could handle it, because you have experience in it.
I am not sure if I can handle that LOL but for that to happen I expect decent pay and if not then I may not be able to concentrate on moderation job

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back