What's new

What will happen to occupants of lands leased to estate developers by government at the expiration of the lease.

Kayzzy3

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Dec 17, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I know a couple of residents living in estates whose land was leased to the developers by the government for a period of time, some of these developers even sell portions of the lands to unsuspecting buyer.
Since these lands we're leased and government can retrieve the land at the end of the lease. What becomes the fate of the occupants of the property??

They will have no choice than to abide by directive that comes from the government because at that situation they ought to have looked at necessary document before making move of acquiring such land from a developers

They are probably at the mercy of the government, if government choose to kick them out then that's what it will do because it's their right. People should be careful of the properties they acquires, proper checks of the documents at government agency and ministries is very sacrosanct for good property acquisition.

The government will probably kick them out when the lease expires. The government are very strict with things that belong to them, they hardly negotiate with debtors. So the occupants will be sent packing with immediate effect.

In our country the sad state of leased land by the government is the squatting issue. When the lease expires the land is filled with informal settlers or squatters. The government cannot just evict those families because of public opinion especially with the involvement of activist groups to rally for the benefit of the squatters. This problem is not only confined to government lease. Even private lands that are leased are also having the same problem with squatters.

This happening a lot common here in my country. When the government or real owner of the land finally needed their land they're having a hard time talking to the occupants but in the end either by a peaceful talk or forced they will need to leave. However they were going to be given atleast a compensation or offer a relocation (if it's a government property)

If an estate developer sell a land that was leased to him to another person, when the real owner of the land retrieves the land, the person that was defrauded can sue the estate developer to court. Also if a lease expires, and the owner of the land does not have any immediate used of the land, the lease can be renewed.

Well in this case the occupants will have to leave the land unless the government makes the decision to let them stay or agree for another lease. Since There’s an agreement in place and its use is temporary

I know a couple of residents living in estates whose land was leased to the developers by the government for a period of time, some of these developers even sell portions of the lands to unsuspecting buyer.
Since these lands we're leased and government can retrieve the land at the end of the lease. What becomes the fate of the occupants of the property??
Well in this case the occupants will have to leave the land unless the government makes the decision to let them stay or agree for another lease. Since There’s an agreement in place and its use is temporary
Right of occupancy not to be acquired by mere lapse of time. ... Rent. Rents generally. 12. Respective rights of land-lord and tenant to produce. ... Collection of rents of undivided property.

It is a pity that there are people who, out of necessity or ignorance, fall for scams of this nature. I cannot say what will happen, but government entities must seek possible solutions for these inhabitants, so that somehow they do not become homeless on the streets. And in turn apply the law to scammers.

nothing will happen to the occupants of land lease by the government after their expiration than to be told to vacate the land or moreover if the government wants they can also re-lease to them as long as they are willing to pay

This is just a risky Game to play because the occupant of such estate will be losing at the end of the issue and case. Most of them won't even know they are being played all along but they can still get compensated if there are some documents backing how they entered the estate

Well most of these occupants were not aware of the initial agreement. Since the lands were sold to them by the developers and most of them have received certificate of occupancy from the government, the best case is to take the issue to court. Government can compensate them for their properties if they need the land or the tenants has to pay again to claim full ownership of the land. Estate developers are to be blamed for this scenario.

A contract is a legally binding document between at least two parties that defines and governs the rights and duties of the parties to an agreement.[1] A contract is legally enforceable because it meets the requirements and approval of the law. A contract typically involves the exchange of goods, service, money, or promise of any of those. "Breach of contract", means that the law will have to award the injured party either the access to legal remedies such as damages or cancellation

If i happen to be among the occupant of land leased to estate agent by government, I will set and have my own planB knowing fully that the land can get expired anytime without or with little notice. And for those who are not ahead they should be ready to get stranded.

That a very situation for those occupants, they should have made contingency plans before, but at that point they are at the mercy of the government, most likely the government will give time to leave the land.

Well i don't think the occupants have much of a say in this matter, since the rightful owner of the land is the government they will have no choice but to leave the land forthwith. I think the fraudulent agent who sold them the land should be brought to book.

Land cannot just be leased to developers without terms and conditions surrounding it. Before a developer pays for a land to lease out to people, there must have been some form of agreement guiding the use of the land and termination of contract agreement.

Land cannot just be leased to developers without terms and conditions surrounding it. Before a developer pays for a land to lease out to people, there must have been some form of agreement guiding the use of the land and termination of contract agreement.
according to the land decree law in Nigeria after hundred years you are expected to renew the payment of such lands that will be the same fate of real estate owners when the land lease has expired.

The government will probably kick them out when the lease expires. The government are very strict with things that belong to them, they hardly negotiate with debtors. So the occupants will be sent packing with immediate effect.
This is actually my thought too as government do not play with their property so they will most likely kick out those estate developers whose lease has expired and they have refused or they forgot to renew their lease.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back