What's new

What happens to my crypto when I die?

• Thread starter Deleted member 403
  • Start date
If nobody is in the know of your investments in cryptocurrency and how to login or have access to it through your password it will be a waste if you die even other investments that your family or loved ones are not aware of.

Cryptocurrency is an assets. So, it should be treated as one. Mostly , people will write wills showing how to share their assets when they are gone . Same thing goes with cryptocurrency assets. The password and the keys should be written somewhere.

As would any other invest or property that remains unclaimed it stays intact and doesnt change its current form. Crypto currency also operates in this nature.

If you can before it was stored in an exchanger before your death then your family can be able to redeem it but if it was kept in cold custodial wallet then the only way for them to access it is the private keys.

Well, no one can predict or tell what exactly will happen to your crypto when you die. it can be used by your families when the have access to your account.

I don't think when someone die that the bitcoin will still function again unless you trust someone who will do it for you, so there is Noway you can expect it to function when the person is not around again.

That will really be a serious issue most especially when you do not share your personal information with anyone. the coins will be there in your account as long as it can be.

If you are storing your cryptocurrency in a cold wallet then that is pretty much gone unless you have written the private keys somewhere that they can be able to find it when the.

There is absolutely no way to get the wallet keys and probably the password of the cryptocurrency if you do not reveal the password to anyone. It will be good as gone.

The same thing that happens to our fiat currency when we die without a sentence happens to our crypto. I shared the exchange platform password with my lover. This is to prevent the coins from being wasted if I die.

If you are studying you're storing the cryptocurrency in exchange is then they can be able to send a password to your email address but if it is too a wallet like trust wallet then it is pretty much gone.

It is very important that you should give out your seed phrase to people who you love and somebody who you trust so that in the event that you are no longer around they can be able to claim your cryptocurrency.

Does any government have any laws concerning what happens to crypto when you die? It's something I'd be curious about really. I mean, for some accounts, even when the person doesn't have full access to them, if they are part of the estate, sometimes all you need is a death certificate to prove that the person has died and a court order from probate to say that the account now belongs to you by inheritance. Would that work?

The wallet keys must be kept safe because that is what you would need to recover your fund in the cryptocurrency wallet and you must always ensure that you keep the keys safe somewhere.

If somebody dies and you do not have the password to the wallet then that will be the end of the money that you have invested in your crypto that is why it is very compulsory to write these things down.

Unless and until you don't inform anybody in your family or friends, that you had invested in crypto, when you die, your crypto will be in exchange and they will be in profit.

Your cryptocurrency can be retrieved by members of your family and loved ones if they have access to your email and it is here that you have stored your seed phrase. It is going to be extremely difficult if they do not have the seed phrase.

If you don't provide login details, phrases, private keys and 2FA to our loved ones, mother, father, brother, sister, then of course your Bitcoin will be lost and buried forever in the wallet, because death no one knows, then we need to provide login details, and tell how to login to the wallet while practicing, and tell how to withdraw or disburse to fiat money.

It is very necessary to have the password or the phrase that could be used for recovery written in one place. If this is not in place there is absolutely no way to recover the funds.

When people who have cryptocurrencies dies and there is no one who have access to it, the cryptocurrency will definitely be lost forever.

There are a lot of people who had Bitcoin when it came out earlier and they lost control of their login credentials and till today they don't have access to it again. This is just a similar case with someone who is just dead.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back