What's new

What happens to my crypto when I die?

Deleted member 403

What happens to my crypto and bitcoin wallet when I die? I am guessing if you don't leave a will with the login details and 2fa credentials, the crypto will be lost forever unless you own the keys to the coins or tokens. What if they don't have access to the password or private keys?

The same thing that happens to our fiat currency when we die inestate is what happens to our crypto. I have shared my exchange platforms passwords with my beloved one. This is to ensure that the coins just don't waste in case I die.

When one dies I don't think if there is any way to access your crypto coins and wallet,unless if your family member knows your log in details or if you left will,that's the only way they can access it.

Am guessing it would just be there useless. You can write your login details down somewhere then when it is time, you can pass it on to whoever you see fit.

It remains locked forever, as long as the wallet is still active. I once read about someone who kept Bitcoin in a private, fast forward year's later, the value had quadrupled but he couldn't remember the login details.

I do not think cryptocurrency exchanges allow you to be able to claim another person's cryptocurrency if you have a letter of administration. The most important thing is to place your seed phrase all your password where your loved ones can find it.

If you have never given control of your wallet or anyone r shared your wallet details with anyone, your crpto currencies will be lost for ever. a large portion of bitcoins are thought to be lost becuse these coins have never been touched by the one who owns theme, or let say these coins are owned by bitcoin creator Satoshi.

For those who have invested in crypto, we should be give out our wallet details to a trusted family member or next of kin, so that, if they die, the person can access their crypto wallet.

If your the wallet that you used to store your cryptocurrency is in an exchanger then they can use your phone number to recover your password and then login into your account. If it was stored in a cold wallet then that is done.

Well, 2 things may happen to your crypto when you die. If your relations are aware of the crypto and they have access to your account, they may benefit from that. If they dont, everything will be lost and forever.

If you have never given control of your wallet or anyone r shared your wallet details with anyone, your crpto currencies will be lost for ever. a large portion of bitcoins are thought to be lost becuse these coins have never been touched by the one who owns theme, or let say these coins are owned by bitcoin creator Satoshi.

Yes, there are many people who lose access to their coins just because they lose the key pass phrase of their wallet. many people have lost thousands of dollars and even more and I cannot understand how come they tend to lose such an important thing?

I think the amount you have will still be safe in your wallet like that if you invest little ,it would still be there except you give someone your password then the person could gain access into your account

What happens to our crypto is the same thing that occurs to our fiat currency when we die intestate. My passwords for the exchange platforms were shared with my beloved. This is to ensure that the coins do not go to waste in the event that I pass away.

You only have to make sure you make every arrangement of who would control your crypto wallet.. possibly it is your family that will have access to your cryptocurrency depending on the arrangement you made, probably the wife or the children.

I feel when a person dies the crypto currency the person possess will be lost except the family knows that person is into crypto currencies and they have the means of accessing it.

That's one reason why it's always advised that you store your passwords or phrases safe in the event of any eventuality. You can as well share the password with your next of kin if you know that your assets are valuable and you don't want to lose it.

The best thing is to share your crypto account details with your next of kin or friends so that they can use it when you are not there, instead of leaving it to waste may God keep us all.

If you have not given access to your wallets to anyone, your crypto assets will be lost when you die. If you want your kid or spouse to have access to your wallet, you need t write login details on a paper and keep it in safe.

Upon ones demise ones crypto would still be on the wallets if the details are not shared with a loved for access after ones death but one might write ones details down to prevent such from being lost forever

The same thing that happens to our fiat currency when we die inestate is what happens to our crypto. I have shared my exchange platforms passwords with my beloved one. This is to ensure that the coins just don't waste in case I die.
It shows that you trust such people a lot. I'm yet to do that but left it in a secure place they can find in case anything happens to me. Fiat can easily be recovered if they have proof of death but not cryptocurrency

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back