What's new

What happens to my crypto when I die?

• Thread starter Deleted member 403
  • Start date
Unless you left something in your will that states who should have access to your crypto and your crypto wallet when you pass along with any details that are needed to access the crypto then your crypto would end up being lost when you pass. If you would rather it didn't end up lost when you pass I would ensure that you do make arrangements for someone you trust and know to be able to gain access to your wallet when you pass.

That is the idea exactly. But don't you think it would be risky to let anyone other than you know the password to your assets when you're alive because they might tamper with it. On the other hand, death is not something that usually let people know it's coming so you can make preparations.
You are passing this information to your next of kin. They are usually the most trusted people to take over your responsibilities when you passed out. I don't see anything wrong providing such information for trusted people of your family.
That is the idea exactly. But don't you think it would be risky to let anyone other than you know the password to your assets when you're alive because they might tamper with it. On the other hand, death is not something that usually let people know it's coming so you can make preparations.
You are passing this information to your next of kin. They are usually the most trusted people to take over your responsibilities when you passed out. I don't see anything wrong providing such information for trusted people of your family.

You still don't get the point, do you? I mean you have to be alive to pass such information to them and if that's the case, they might be tempted to login and use your money without your consent and of course they know you would forgive them.

You still don't get the point, do you? I mean you have to be alive to pass such information to them and if that's the case, they might be tempted to login and use your money without your consent and of course they know you would forgive them.
In that case you might be dealing with next of kin's that are not trusted. There are rules and regulation and you have to make it known to them that such information should only be accessed when you are no longer alive.

In that case you might be dealing with next of kin's that are not trusted. There are rules and regulation and you have to make it known to them that such information should only be accessed when you are no longer alive.
You don't really know the power of money. To be very honest, I think that depends on the kind if family you have because mine, we really do share everything with each other so they can't be broke or hungry knowing they can access your cash.

You don't really know the power of money. To be very honest, I think that depends on the kind if family you have because mine, we really do share everything with each other so they can't be broke or hungry knowing they can access your cash.
Well in that case what do you think is the best thing that must be done in such situations . What I mean is that what will you with your cryptocurrency when you know you will soon pass out ?

I don't think it could be tampared with since you were the only person in control of your wallet.
I don't know whether there is an arrangement for next of kin though.

It would not get tempered. However, I think that it will remain in the wallet for the rest of the time. Its future also depends on the future of cryptocurrencies as a whole.

It would not get tempered. However, I think that it will remain in the wallet for the rest of the time. Its future also depends on the future of cryptocurrencies as a whole.
Yeah , I truly agree with you.
But don't you think the brokers in quote would subsequently take ownership of the crypto in your wallet?
For instance in like 100years later.

What happens to my crypto and bitcoin wallet when I die? I am guessing if you don't leave a will with the login details and 2fa credentials, the crypto will be lost forever unless you own the keys to the coins or tokens. What if they don't have access to the password or private keys?
Usually, the cryptocurrency assets will be allocated to the trustees of the inheritance, or if there are no successors indicated, the assets would go to the departed person's close relatives.
What happens to my crypto and bitcoin wallet when I die? I am guessing if you don't leave a will with the login details and 2fa credentials, the crypto will be lost forever unless you own the keys to the coins or tokens. What if they don't have access to the password or private keys?
Usually, the cryptocurrency assets will be allocated to the trustees of the inheritance, or if there are no successors indicated, the assets would go to the departed person's close relatives.

You have asked very important question because if we die then what will happen to our crypto wallet who will get our currency .The way you deposit your money in the bank, similarly if you die, your heirs get that money. I think crypto wallets do not have this feature yet So it is better that you keep telling your children about it so that if you die your heir can take it

You have asked very important question because if we die then what will happen to our crypto wallet who will get our currency .The way you deposit your money in the bank, similarly if you die, your heirs get that money. I think crypto wallets do not have this feature yet So it is better that you keep telling your children about it so that if you die your heir can take it
Exactly , that is the only way. If we die and leave our crypto wallet without telling our children then we need to understand that such wallet and every asset in it is gone forever because recovering.
Crypto wallet is not possible no matter what we may try as long as we don't have access to the password.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back