Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I've seen a couple topics about halving. I heard about Bitcoin halving, and other crypto halving, is it literally them cutting the currency in half, so that there is less of the currency available? Is that the correct way of putting it? Please do correct me if I'm wrong, I am still learning about crypto every day.

I've seen a couple topics about halving. I heard about Bitcoin halving, and other crypto halving, is it literally them cutting the currency in half, so that there is less of the currency available? Is that the correct way of putting it? Please do correct me if I'm wrong, I am still learning about crypto every day.
The halving is a process that happens under proof of work blockchains, that is, mining with hardware, from time to time, or rather every certain blocks of transactions, the reward that miners receive for validating these blocks is reduced by half. For example, in Bitcoin it is every 4 years, or 210,000 blocks, before the first halving the miners received 50 BTC per block, in the first halving it was reduced to 25, in the second 12.5, in the third 6.25, which is the amount current and now in April it will be reduced again and they will receive 3,125 BTC each block.

Thank you for clearing that up a bit. So you could buy into Bitcoin at the halving as it will drop down in price? How much could it drop down?
Quite the opposite, if you look at the chart, some time after the halving the price rises a lot, and I explain why, miners start to receive fewer bitcoins, so fewer bitcoins flow to the market, if the demand remains the same or increases, there will be a shock in the supply since there are fewer bitcoins and the market perceives it as more scarce, which causes its price to go up.

Quite the opposite, if you look at the chart, some time after the halving the price rises a lot, and I explain why, miners start to receive fewer bitcoins, so fewer bitcoins flow to the market, if the demand remains the same or increases, there will be a shock in the supply since there are fewer bitcoins and the market perceives it as more scarce, which causes its price to go up.

This means that the demand will be bigger than the supply and that is where those that have invested will begin to make more gains. How much do you think Bitcoin will be after halving?

This means that the demand will be bigger than the supply and that is where those that have invested will begin to make more gains. How much do you think Bitcoin will be after halving?
Yes, of course, although I think that with the gains that the market has left lately, most investors in this halving cycle should already be making money in the market or very close to it.

There are two types of currency, one, that works on proof of work mechanism and one that works on proof of stake mechanism. Crypto that works on proof of work mechanism needs to be mined. Having is an even when the mining rewards for miners goes down by 50 percent. However, after halving event price starts going up and ultimately everyone is going to benefit.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back