What's new

Upwork - SCAM OR LEGIT?

Upwork is one of the best freelancing platforms where you can sell your gigs and apply for jobs, but there is a high competition in this website so it would be difficult to find a job.
Up work is never a scam website I think that if you use up work you will be able to make alot of money but first thing is that you will need to master some certain skills which you will be using to bid on project and complete it there upon approval

Up work is never a scam website I think that if you use up work you will be able to make alot of money but first thing is that you will need to master some certain skills which you will be using to bid on project and complete it there upon approval
You are right, you need to master a certain skill because there is a high competition on freelancing platforms especially on Upwork so you need to work hard.

I have an account in Upwork but I have never worked there. I have tried applying for some jobs but it is so hard to get a client choosing a newbie with no experience. So I have decided to take sometime and learn a skill first, build a portfolio and then go back there to look for jobs.

I started on upwork when it was called oDesk. I still have an account on the site but I am no longer active on the platform. I am busy elsewhere and mostly on my own sites. On upwork you will have to compete with a lot of people and you end up lowering your bid amount, so your earning tend to be small.

I have just come across UpWork, a freelancing platform after a client approached me regarding a sponsorship. Has anybody else used the Get Paid To Platform? The minimum payout is at 100USD$ and it pays after job completion. It's much like Fiverr.
It is a very good platform. You can post up to your gigs on it and you will get clients who are ready to buy your gigs or patronize you as long as you have a skill that you can showcase and use to make money

I started on upwork when it was called oDesk. I still have an account on the site but I am no longer active on the platform. I am busy elsewhere and mostly on my own sites. On upwork you will have to compete with a lot of people and you end up lowering your bid amount, so your earning tend to be small.
Same with me bro I think that upwork use to be a very good platform for any serious freelancer to bid work and get paid after completing the work,I can recall when they use to give free payoneer master card but after some time they start laying charge on the card,well upwork is still the best for me.

Upwork is not a scam site o. It is a genuine freelance site that people that are skillful in certain profession and buyers who want certain jobs done engaged. It is among alternative job site to the popular fiverr. No sorts of jobs you can find in fiverr that is not available here in Upwork. They are genuine and paying.

Upwork is not a scam site o. It is a genuine freelance site that people that are skillful in certain profession and buyers who want certain jobs done engaged. It is among alternative job site to the popular fiverr. No sorts of jobs you can find in fiverr that is not available here in Upwork. They are genuine and paying.
If anyone say that upwork is a scam website that is not true I believe the website has been in existence for long time it's one of the website which I have earn alot of money before but you need to have a good profile and attached your previous work experience to get hired often otherwise some of your bid project will be declined

Upwork is definetly not a scam you can make good money from it if you have good skills of course it's very copetivive since it's a freelance platfrom so you need to know how to attract clients
Upwork is a legitimate platform. Though it is not easy to be verified on Upwork but once you are verified you will be making your money. What is important is that you must have sellable skills.
Upwork is a very legit platform. It's hard to get verified, but once you do, it's great. It works just like Fiverr, and it's pretty great for freelancers and for those who simply want to buy services.

Last edited:
I have just come across UpWork, a freelancing platform after a client approached me regarding a sponsorship. Has anybody else used the Get Paid To Platform? The minimum payout is at 100USD$ and it pays after job completion. It's much like Fiverr.

Upwork is one of the best freelancing website that you can actually see online today and a lot of people I know I'm making use of it and easily making money from the website. Fiverr is great relaxing platform that is also in the same level with Upwork.

Upwork is a legitimate and reliable online marketplace that connects freelancers with clients seeking their services. It is not a scam.

It offers secure payment options to protect both freelancers and clients.

Upwork is a legitimate and reliable online marketplace that connects freelancers with clients seeking their services. It is not a scam.

It offers secure payment options to protect both freelancers and clients.

I have never had any issues with using any of the payment options available on Upwork. This is a very good thing because it gives freelancers the confidence to work as getting their money won't come with any fuss.

I have never had any issues with using any of the payment options available on Upwork. This is a very good thing because it gives freelancers the confidence to work as getting their money won't come with any fuss.
Upwork offers Escrow. When someone posts a job, he also has to deposit money on Upwork, and the funds will be held in Escrow account. When you are awarded the job, the funds will be released to you after you submit the work and the employer rates you satisfied. That's why no matter what withdrawal methods you use, your patment is always secured.

I don't know if they have set minimum payout these days, however, when I was working on upwork there was no minimum payout threshold. I worked for many years on upwork, since the time it was called odesk, however, later I gave up working on upwork to start my own website.
That's great that you started your own site upwork works simmilar to fiver the competition is a bit lower since it's not as popular as fiver

Upwork offers Escrow. When someone posts a job, he also has to deposit money on Upwork, and the funds will be held in Escrow account. When you are awarded the job, the funds will be released to you after you submit the work and the employer rates you satisfied. That's why no matter what withdrawal methods you use, your patment is always secured.

Yes, that's very correct. Seoclearks uses the same thing with how they set up their payment structure. Your service buyer never pays you directly but into Seoclearks Escrow account. Once you have delivered the job and the buyer marks it received, your payment will be send to your account immediately.

That's great that you started your own site upwork works simmilar to fiver the competition is a bit lower since it's not as popular as fiver
Based on what you have said, I do not think you have actually used Upwork. Upwork is as competitive as Fiverr, they are not approving accounts automatically. If you have generalized skills, you might not be accepted.
Yes, that's very correct. Seoclearks uses the same thing with how they set up their payment structure. Your service buyer never pays you directly but into Seoclearks Escrow account. Once you have delivered the job and the buyer marks it received, your payment will be send to your account immediately.
I have used SEO clerks. The best thing about SEO Clerks is it has a hybrid system, you can not only bid on jobs but also sell your own gigs.

Last edited:
Based on what you have said, I do not think you have actually used Upwork. Upwork is as competitive as Fiverr, they are not approving accounts manually. If you have generalized skills, you might not be accepted.

I have used SEO clerks. The best thing about SEO Clerks is it has a hybrid system, you can not only bid on jobs but also sell your own gigs.

They built Seoclearks so good that you can't find any flaw easily on the platform. I love bidding for jobs but the most annoying thing with that is that you have a lot of freelancers shortselling or underbidding jobs which makes it difficult to get paid well for the job.

This is my dashboard of orders and earnings on Seoclearks.

Screenshot_20230625_172235_Chrome.jpg

You seem to have a really impressive portfolio on SEOClerks. Are you still active there? I have not checked my account on SEO Clerks for a long time. That's because I have not received any alerts for sales or orders for a long time. I think I should check as soon as possible and see if I can still make money.

Upwork is actually a legit platform, i have seen a lot of persons who have been able to make hundreds of dollars from upwork till date. I joined the platform some time back, but i have not been able to get any work so far.
They built Seoclearks so good that you can't find any flaw easily on the platform. I love bidding for jobs but the most annoying thing with that is that you have a lot of freelancers shortselling or underbidding jobs which makes it difficult to get paid well for the job.

This is my dashboard of orders and earnings on Seoclearks.

View attachment 5187
Do they have other payment methods for this platform? I heard you could request for payeer, how true is this?

You seem to have a really impressive portfolio on SEOClerks. Are you still active there? I have not checked my account on SEO Clerks for a long time. That's because I have not received any alerts for sales or orders for a long time. I think I should check as soon as possible and see if I can still make money.

Yes I do have a good portfolio on Seoclearks and I've been very active on the platform since 2011 if I remembered correctly. You should get back on it and use their free daily boost service to bump your service so that potential new clients might see it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back