What's new

Tokens Vs. Crypto currency

I believe token are generally dependent on some certain platform and are created to provide liquidity to a crypto currency coin , token are also used in rewarding people and members online.
Tokens do not depend on any platform , a token will always remain a token irrespective of wherever it is . They are different in the sense that they do not have their own blockchain

Before now I used to be confused on the difference between token and crypto currency, but now I know better. I have always known that there are so much knowledge to learn here as one tries to earn too. Personally, I have learnt so much so far.
That's the truth in forums like this the knowledge you acquire is even more than what you earned but it's good that the two are combined learning and earning at the same time.

Cryptocurrencies are digital assets that run on their own blockchain like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Doge, Dash, Monero etc. Whereas tokens are digital assets issued by a company or project for fundraising, tokens can also be exchanged for crypto, but tokens do not have their own blockchain, but tokens will run on other blockchains such as the Waves blockchain, Ethereum, Tron, Neo, Filecoin. Examples of well-known tokens such as USDT, BNB tokens etc
Thank you very much for explaining this to me. Now, I have another question, what is dogecoin, is it a token or a coin. I hear that it does not have its own blockchain platform

Thank you very much for explaining this to me. Now, I have another question, what is dogecoin, is it a token or a coin. I hear that it does not have its own blockchain platform
Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency and has its own blockchain, although the Doge protocol is based on the Luckycoin and Litecoin blockchains that use scrypt technology in PoS, so mining Doge requires mining tools based on FPGA and special ASICs. So many people think that Doge is a token of Litecoin.

Tokens do not depend on any platform , a token will always remain a token irrespective of wherever it is . They are different in the sense that they do not have their own blockchain
I am not saying token mainly depends on platform to survive, all i am rpteyingbto bring out is most platform uses token in rewarding people and new members that came to the site in search of earning,

Generally, token and crypto coin is the same thing, tokens are used to transact in the market while the coin is the value of the transaction of the particular coin.

Crypto tokens are the earliest form of a crypto currency, which is usually used for the purpose of raising funds for the blockchain project. Crypto currencies are fully developed digital currency.
Thanks for this simple but very direct answer to the difference of token and coins. Cryptocurrency tokens are the earliest form of it's cryptocurrency, while coin is the fully developed life of a digital cryptocurrency.

They're the same, either you call it crypto coin or you call them tokens. They are simply tradable coins which you find in exchange or wallets.

A token is not a cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrencies are established coins like the ones we already know about like the Bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, ripple coin and so on. But a little token isn't one of such because it is not a Coin yet

Cryptocurrencies are the native asset of a specific blockchain protocol, whereas tokens are created by platforms that build on top of those blockchains. For instance, the Ethereum blockchain's native roken

I can not really distinct the two but I would watch the comments closely to see brilliant ideas. But I have always believed that tokens ate the native coin of a cryptocurrency platform.

The terms "token" and "crypto currency" are interchangeable. It's basically a phrase used in the crypto currency trading industry to refer to one another. However, I'm seeing folks up there arguing the opposite.

I think exchange coins are popularly called token , while cryptocurrency are from independent platform who don't host as exchange platform and could be traded in between different exchange platform
Post automatically merged:

I think exchange coins are popularly called token , while cryptocurrency are from independent platform who don't host as exchange platform and could be traded in between different exchange platform

A token is not a cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrencies are established coins like the ones we already know about like the Bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, ripple coin and so on. But a little token isn't one of such because it is not a Coin yet
Personally, I don't really care about which one is but the worth that comes with them. Once I invest in them, they pay me money as profits.

I've also heard the term token but token is different from cryotocurrency. They only have one thing in common. Many people don't know how to differentiate between the two of them.

Currently, CRO tokens, a native token of crypto.com, an exchange platform base din Singapore is one of the most profitable crypto tokens. Shiba tokens were very popular until it fell sharply.

I don't really know why some are being called token and while some are being call cryptocurrency, but from the definition of people here a lot of people are confusing us because most answers here are not agreed by others.. I have to do my own personal research.

Crytocurrency currency and token are somewhat similar in meaning. These are some terms used in crytocurrency trading or business.
But sometimes token could be used for another terms in banking e.tc not related to crytocurrency.

Personally I think they're just being used interchangeably and what I realise is that most new projects initially called tokens before the eventually becomes coin.

I have see to different terms used for digital currency, some are called tokens and some are called crypto currency. Are these terms same or have different meanings. In case they are different what differentiate tokens with crypto currency?
I think that teh main difference between these two comes in when you look at the network on which they are operating and also on how many people are using them as well.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back