What's new

Should your crypto wallet be online or on your PC?

It depends on what you want, personally I don't go for online wallets much, not because I don't trust them but rather for easy and quick access to my coins.
I have seen some people who lost their investment with saving in online wallet. There are lots of scammers out there looking for ways to hacks these accounts.

Cryptocurrency must be online because of fast operating system online that pc,and uses of online would manage your data's
Post automatically merged:

Cryptocurrency must be online because of fast operating system online than pc,and uses of online would manage your datas

I'm still a bit new to cryptocurrency and was curious about wallets. When it comes to using one, should it be a wallet on your own PC? Or would it be best to have a wallet within the cloud? Or maybe I'm confusing how this all works? Can you explain if so?

The reason I ask, is because I got a wallet for Dogecoin, as I was going to invest, but did not end up doing so. They had me download and install their dogecoin wallet. So that's why I made this topic. Just want to see if I'm right or way wrong. lol :D
In my opinion, you are better off using a web wallet and storing your crypto in the cloud. If you store your crypto in a wallet installed on a PC, if something goes wrong with your computer and you don't back up your wallet, then all your crypto will be lost.

It depends on where you want to keep your cryptos. You can decide to have your coins in your online wallet or on your PC so long they will be safe wherever they are stored. Personally,I have been using online wallets and I have not had any problem with them.

I have seen some people who lost their investment with saving in online wallet. There are lots of scammers out there looking for ways to hacks these accounts.
I have heard similar cases like this before about people who their accounts has been hacked. Do you have a personal experience on this issue or have you seen cases like this before?

Just make good research about the best and most secured wallets or exchange platforms. For me, I use Binance because it has a good reputation and I know it will store your coins safely.

I have read online, that for security reasons it is better to keep your Crypto wallet on your PC. I have never tried that out. I think it is good this way to keep it, if you have many Bitcoins, and you want to feel more safe.

I'm still a bit new to cryptocurrency and was curious about wallets. When it comes to using one, should it be a wallet on your own PC? Or would it be best to have a wallet within the cloud? Or maybe I'm confusing how this all works? Can you explain if so?

The reason I ask, is because I got a wallet for Dogecoin, as I was going to invest, but did not end up doing so. They had me download and install their dogecoin wallet. So that's why I made this topic. Just want to see if I'm right or way wrong. lol :D
Normally for security purposes it is the best for you to allow your cryptocurrency wallets to be on your personal computer at home because with this you do not have to carry it around and this can give your wallet maximum protection in case your phone lost, that's just what I know because do not really understand the question.

The wallet installed on your PC means it is a desktop wallet, online wallets means smart phone wallets or web wallets. I think desktop wallets are better than online wallets.

The only wallet that is compatible with what you are saying is Brave wallet because it could be imported to Metamask but it supports only ETH and BAT. It is possible to create Brave wallet without extensions required but you have to store your private key for import later at Metamask.

I only make use of my phone and have got all the cryptocurrencies in my phone asvi make sure to have all their applications. Though they consume lots of space too.

I think it depends on the individual. Every individual with his or her own choice or with what works best for him or her. I believe an individual's crypto wallets should be where him or her can access it easily.

I prefer the hardware wallet because it is shielded from cybercriminals. Using the hardware wallet makes it very simple and very secured to hold your cryptocurrency. Atleast it guarantees safety of your digital asset.

A hardware wallet on the other side is expensive so you have to expend on your security if, for example, you are earning better with your wallet, not a few cents or something like that.

There are several crypto currency wallet available to us and there are still several more that are been developed by developers by the second. You should also be careful with the crypto wallet you choose to operate with and go with the one that best suits your needs.

It's depends on the type of cryptocurrency you are having. If you are using a cold wallet you are to store it online and also the other way around with hard wallet.. hard wallet is more secured.

Whether the cryptocurrency wallet is online or saved on the PC all depends on the type of wallet. The hardware wallets could be kept away from online while the exchange wallet will be online.

Since crypto currency is a digital cute that why there is need to have a digital wallet where you can store your crypto currency. You can download any wallet of your choice on your phone or PC it is compatible to any device.

I say it should be on my own PC or in my own wallet to use cryptocurrency and wallets, because if it is stored in my wallet, it will allow me to use it as I want and access it quickly.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back