What's new

Should your crypto wallet be online or on your PC?

I make use of both: online wallets that work as exchanges too and Windows or Android apps like MyCrypto. It all depends on the kind of use. I mostly need online wallets to quickly receive and quickly transfer my cryptocurrencies to my local exchange to be converted to FIAT. I use apps like MyCrypto to store cryptocurrencies for long and very long periods. Until now I haven't purchased a Trezor or similar because my cryptocurrencies amounts are not worth the expense.

I'm still a bit new to cryptocurrency and was curious about wallets. When it comes to using one, should it be a wallet on your own PC? Or would it be best to have a wallet within the cloud? Or maybe I'm confusing how this all works? Can you explain if so?

The reason I ask, is because I got a wallet for Dogecoin, as I was going to invest, but did not end up doing so. They had me download and install their dogecoin wallet. So that's why I made this topic. Just want to see if I'm right or way wrong. lol :D
I don't think it is a question of using your PC or using your phone. Your wallet is something that cannot be moved around, it is decentralized.

I'm still a bit new to cryptocurrency and was curious about wallets. When it comes to using one, should it be a wallet on your own PC? Or would it be best to have a wallet within the cloud? Or maybe I'm confusing how this all works? Can you explain if so?

The reason I ask, is because I got a wallet for Dogecoin, as I was going to invest, but did not end up doing so. They had me download and install their dogecoin wallet. So that's why I made this topic. Just want to see if I'm right or way wrong. lol :D
There are exchange platforms like binance, kucoin and the likes where you can store different coins. It's better than having to download a wallet for every coin.

Hardware is costly oo and even hard to find here in my country... But what if assessibility, if you want to access your wait you will have to go through done little stress...
Well it all depends on how you want to save your coin.. there are people who safe theirs online and there are people who save theirs on their pc.. but I would prefer saving mine in a hardwire

Before making the final choice if which wallet to go for or use for your cryptocurrency assets, you should make a very good research on the various types of cryptocurrency wallets, then make your simple choice

I use web wallet as well as smartphone wallets. Some of my smartphone wallets are the mobile version of web wallet. However, I am yet to use hardware wallet or desktop wallet. I might soon start using a desktop wallet that also has a mobile version.

All depends on you if actually you want it to save it online your PC you can decided to choose for yourself, actually crypto wallet really need to be PC.

I will only use PC cryptocurrencies wallet when I have a laptop,, but as for now I am more comfortable with using the one on my phone.

Some people use cold wallets store their cryptocurrencies which may be mainly offline and some use hot wallets which is online as the case may be.

You can only have two types of wallet , a hot wallet and cold wallet. The hot wallet are the ones that can always be connected online perhaps in your phone or PC but the cold one are the ones that are store in a special device that are like USB

Write your reply...year now at the stage l am now am on the online but I want transfer them in to my p.c otherwise l don't have an PC and am try my best to see I have it.

Having cryptocurrency on the PC will hinder you the opportunity to cut loss during a bearish period especially when you are not close to you PC. Also having it on mobile allows you to trade anytime.

I would rather that my cryptocurrency wallet be online than on my personal computer. This is because I don't also want anyone wandering into my system and wanting to try to access my cryptocurrency wallet for some reason or the other

I am so sorry I didn't get to success and happiness to you and your team for internet and many people are you expecting to success in your team is very important. I am so excited to success in life is very good

Well this depends on the one you are more comfortable with because both keeping it on phone or PC are good because they are secured in any way.

I think that having a wallet on your PC is a much better idea than having it on the cloud because if it is online i would imagine that there would be a lot more security concerns with that wallet and there is a greater chance that your funds will be hacked.

I prefer having it online and so far it has been good, no issue and no complaint but of there's anything I should know I will appreciate if someone can shed more light on it so I will start using my computer.

Whereever actually as long as it's in a safe place free from hacks but mine is on my phone though there are people who make use of both and it has been going well too so it depends on the individual too I guess

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back