Seeking Help with High-Performance AMD Computer Shutdown Issue

chansa

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Jun 20, 2023
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Hey there, fellow tech enthusiasts! I’m currently facing a frustrating problem with my high-performance (HP) computer equipped with an AMD processor, and I could really use your expertise to tackle this issue.

Whenever I dive into gaming sessions, my computer abruptly shuts down, causing a significant setback of approximately 30 minutes in a two-hour game. Even more frustratingly, it takes a whole day for the computer to power back on.

To address this problem, I’ve tried various troubleshooting steps. I upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 8GB, thinking it might alleviate the issue. I also swapped out the power supply, and I even went as far as replacing the monitor, hoping for any positive change. However, none of these attempts have yielded any improvement.

If any of you knowledgeable folks out there have encountered a similar situation or have insights into what might be causing this persistent problem, I would greatly appreciate your help. Please share your expertise and suggestions, as it would mean a lot to me. Thanks in advance!.

For one, what games are you trying to play? 4GB is not nearly enough for most games today and 8GB may be enough for some low level games, but anything newer may struggle.

What kind of graphics card do you have? Or are you using on-board graphics? What exact processor do you have? My guess is that the games you're playing are too much for your system and it shuts it down. What may have happened is your motherboard getting overheated and in turn maybe that's why it takes a long time to start up.

Recently, I made an interesting observation regarding the impact of 4-8 GB of RAM on my PC's gaming performance. Surprisingly, it didn't seem to make a significant difference. This realization led me to delve into thorough research, where I discovered the disheartening fact that my computer's RAM can only be upgraded up to 8 GB, which left me quite disappointed with the limitations.

Recognizing your apparent expertise in the area of computers, I am reaching out to seek your valuable recommendations on overcoming this issue. It would be immensely appreciated if you could provide guidance on potential workarounds or solutions. Furthermore, I'm curious to know your opinion regarding the best graphics card currently available in the market. While I have heard positive things about AMD being one of the leading brands in this domain, I have personally encountered several issues with the AMD card I am presently using. Hence, I am keen to explore alternative options that you might suggest, particularly in terms of reliability.

In the unfortunate event that I am unable to find a satisfactory solution for my current predicament, and the need arises for me to acquire a new gaming computer, I would greatly value your recommendation for the best and most reliable computer available in the market. Your expertise would be invaluable in helping me make an informed decision in such a significant purchase.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back