Not open for further replies.

TheKnight

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Oct 17, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Is there a certain way that someone should dress if they're a rock artist? Does appearance matter when starting out or will talent get you through it?

To me, appearance is very important. One must be full of energy and dress accordingly to that energy. What do you think?

The look isn't as important as the talent and constant practice. In addition, as you were saying, energy is important. Plus, another key is having a good organization. For instance, the band should function well as a group and have a good direction.

I do think it's important. One must be dressed according to the genre, you won't be dressed in a fancy suit to play in a rock band, plus is can be quite uncomfortable. Presentation is as important as the performance so it can be great put together.

It's very important because like what everyone say, First Impression last. Dressing up good can also boost your confidence level and self esteem, so you'll have grace and power when you play on stage.

How an artist dresses isn't really all that important as far as I'm concerned, and I think the stereotypical rocker type of a leather jacket, check shirt, jeans and long hair is in the past now. What IS important is the music itself and if that is something that stands out, then how the artist dresses shouldn't really make a difference.

Where drummers are concerned for example, I've seen people drum in a tuxedo and some that don't wear a shirt at all. Just as long as they can play well and control the rhythm section of the band (if there is a band) then what they wear behind the drum kit doesn't come into it.

Most people dress in way that seems fitting for what they are performing. Behind the scenes, it's not really important but for live performances and things, I can definitely co relate their dress with the music.

Some soul groups of the 70s were into uniforms, as were many bands in the 60s, like the early Beatles, though honestly they were forced to wear them. Anyhow, I think certain cultures like the uniform idea. They expand the chior uniform idea to the band. It was less of a forced thing.

The Beatles, on the other hand, wanted to be rebels like when they were playing German clubs.

As long as it is appropriate I think dressing up should match with the occassion. Honestly, young generation actually expects that Rockstars should have long hair, checkered shirt and a jacket on while performing. Tgis gives them the feel of have attended a Rock music show and I guess it gives the performer equal zest. So why not? Music is all about having fun.

Bands can get typecast though so to speak and I'll never forget the over-reaction and uproar when the Metallica front man James Hetfield had his hair cut short. It was as if he'd brought shame on to the world of rock music. After decades of wearing ripped jeans, denim or leather waistcoats and having hair down to his waist, he came on stage with closely cropped hair, black T-shirt and black jeans and people went mad.

All he'd done was try and change his style and shock people and that's exactly what he did and it got them talked about. He still performed as well as he ever does and the crowd went home happy so does it really matter at the end of the day?

Bands can get typecast though so to speak and I'll never forget the over-reaction and uproar when the Metallica front man James Hetfield had his hair cut short. It was as if he'd brought shame on to the world of rock music. After decades of wearing ripped jeans, denim or leather waistcoats and having hair down to his waist, he came on stage with closely cropped hair, black T-shirt and black jeans and people went mad.

All he'd done was try and change his style and shock people and that's exactly what he did and it got them talked about. He still performed as well as he ever does and the crowd went home happy so does it really matter at the end of the day?

Actually, nowadays long hair isn't in-style for rock. It seems like short hair is in, much as it was in the 50s or in some punk rock culture. For instance, If you took 80s male rockers back to this day and time, they would look rather goofy. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I think long hair in rock is now a niche, much as short hair used to be.

That is kind of strange, and a little funny, to think about how things like this change with the time. The long hair might not really be the style now, although I still think that I associate that with a rebellious sort attitude, but to a much lesser degree. Interesting stuff, though.

It's very important because like what everyone say, First Impression last. Dressing up good can also boost your confidence level and self esteem, so you'll have grace and power when you play on stage.
I think people are judgmental and that people should look the part when first starting. Many people judge a book by its cover and many people that have auditioned for television have been rejected simply because they don't have the look.
How an artist dresses isn't really all that important as far as I'm concerned, and I think the stereotypical rocker type of a leather jacket, check shirt, jeans and long hair is in the past now. What IS important is the music itself and if that is something that stands out, then how the artist dresses shouldn't really make a difference.

Where drummers are concerned for example, I've seen people drum in a tuxedo and some that don't wear a shirt at all. Just as long as they can play well and control the rhythm section of the band (if there is a band) then what they wear behind the drum kit doesn't come into it.
Along with what I stated above, I think people need to have a certain look no matter what it is. It needs to suit them. They don't all need to have long hair and flashy clothes. They just need to look good.

I think people are judgmental and that people should look the part when first starting. Many people judge a book by its cover and many people that have auditioned for television have been rejected simply because they don't have the look.

Along with what I stated above, I think people need to have a certain look no matter what it is. It needs to suit them. They don't all need to have long hair and flashy clothes. They just need to look good.

Well you're saying that yourself already so I'm pretty sure you would agree at some point mainly because most people are into aesthetics. But then, professionally speaking, it would still be better if you dress up nicely. I'm not really stating that you should wear flashy clothing just like what you normally see from KPOP singers but yeah, something that would make your fan like you about.

It's true
That is kind of strange, and a little funny, to think about how things like this change with the time. The long hair might not really be the style now, although I still think that I associate that with a rebellious sort attitude, but to a much lesser degree. Interesting stuff, though.

It's true that long hair does gives a rebellious kind of an image abd Rock band in general gives a sort of independent kind of feel.

I guess in the end it is the music that is more remembered than how you dressed up although attire is also easy to associate with a particular genre.

Appearance is very important because it will determine how the thousands or millions or fans will behave too. There is nothing innocent about most artists appearance, but I want to believe that rock artists are still rebels and dress as they want, at least that's what I would do if I were one.

It's true

It's true that long hair does gives a rebellious kind of an image abd Rock band in general gives a sort of independent kind of feel.

I guess in the end it is the music that is more remembered than how you dressed up although attire is also easy to associate with a particular genre.
Daron Malakian is remembered for his strange look and exaggerated eye makeup. It makes his eyes look wide and crazy. He doesn't have long hair but people do remember him by his appearance and true, music matters most because what good is someone's appearance if your music isn't good?

tumblr_mux9wldrgy1s2ctobo1_400.jpg

Haha, that guy looks insane. That's something beautiful about being a musician, we can dress how we feel like it and no one could care less. Sure, if we have an eye for marketing, we can start a trend and sell items related to our image, but I think most rock people out there simply don't care and they just dress as they like, the make their music and that's it.

Music is all about being able to express yourself, and not only through the music and songs but through your appearance as well. I think a lot of people may think that rock singers especially wear the clothes they wear, and act the way they do just to shock people and to get more publicity, but with a lot of them you can look at them before they even got into music and they was dressing and acting the same way.

Haha, that guy looks insane. That's something beautiful about being a musician, we can dress how we feel like it and no one could care less. Sure, if we have an eye for marketing, we can start a trend and sell items related to our image, but I think most rock people out there simply don't care and they just dress as they like, the make their music and that's it.
That's what people usually imagine when it comes to rock stars, I suppose. Laid back, do what they want, and not care about people around them too much.

Music is all about being able to express yourself, and not only through the music and songs but through your appearance as well. I think a lot of people may think that rock singers especially wear the clothes they wear, and act the way they do just to shock people and to get more publicity, but with a lot of them you can look at them before they even got into music and they was dressing and acting the same way.
Yeah, I guess that's true as well but you have to admit that some artists try to fit in with the rock appearance because I don't think it was a coincidence that many rock stars had close to the same style.

Yeah, I guess that's true as well but you have to admit that some artists try to fit in with the rock appearance because I don't think it was a coincidence that many rock stars had close to the same style.

I think being a rebel can also be a form of conformity. Is it possible to be a rebel against rebellion? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back