Privatizing government research institutes

Gilead

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Dec 25, 2020
USD
$3.0000USD
Biznotes
In Nigeria where i come from, government research institutions are unfortunately inefficient in their production of good research works..
Privatizing this institution could be the way forward in the development of her economy

Yes, I think you are right and it is possible that things will improve by privatizing these institutions. There are countries that have privatized different important government institutions and have been successful. I think it is due to foreign investment both economically and intellectually.

I feel this would be hard to achieve especially since research requires a lot of funds. Also privatizing won't do much especially research into government activities should not be left to fall in the hands of foreign investors. As they can trade the information gotten from those institutions. I feel some specific government establishment should be left the way they are and research institutions are one of them.

Privatization of public services has occurred at all levels of government within the United States. Some examples of services that have been privatized include airport operation, data processing, vehicle maintenance, corrections, water and wastewater utilities, and waste collection and disposal.

Privatisation of public sectors has done a lot good to the people of the nation because this has helped in the enjoyment of social ammenities which have been abandoned by the government because of maintenance.

Privatizing government research institute is the way to go because it will increase efficiency and productivity of such institute to the point of being able to deliver and also proffer solution to problem the world is battling with.

In Nigeria where i come from, government research institutions are unfortunately inefficient in their production of good research works..
Privatizing this institution could be the way forward in the development of her economy
Post automatically merged:

I think privatizing research institutes will solve the problem of poor research in Nigeria. During my undergraduate years, we conducted field trips to different research institutes both government own and Internationally owned ones. I can say the difference was clear. The level of efficient organization of research was high at international level.

privatization is good as we all know but not in all sectors. Research is best done by the government so as to deliver quality service to the people but when it is being taken over by individuals, it becomes messy and light not be able to bring our the best result expected in terms of research and others. I do not support that idea

Not just research institute, government needs to hands off in business and face governance and let business inclined persons take over those institutes for business and make returns to government from the profit or they should just privatize them all

I think you are right. Some sectors of government institutions are privatized in many countries. Even in my country, the power sector has been privatized for a while and it is much better than we used to have it. So I believe research institutes will be better if they are privatized.

this will be one of the best decision taking ever if it can be changed, IITA is doing good because it's not be run by government agency

The thing is that these research institutes are very capital-intensive projects so any private individual that can buy them off will really have a lot of capital to spend so I do not support the privatization because it is actually not working in Nigeria.

Government research institute these days I know that functional give me and advise for it to be privatised I think we'll make it functional because research institute is very important to every nation.

Where there is no transparency in whatever the government does, what makes you so sure that the privatization won't be given to themselves and the redundancy is continued

To be candid some of the governmental agencies and institutions needs to be privatized due to lack of seriousness and the high level of corruption that is been perpetrated in those institutions. For me privatisation is key to achieve economic development.

One of the most effect ways of ensuring productivity and profitability,is for government to hands off the the control and management of any business entity under its preview.Because by giving it out to private investors,it is a sure way to profitability,because they would not want their investment to go down the drain.

Even though our government has privatized a lot of state owned businesses and companies, it has not started to privatize research institutes. I believe in democracy and I do not think the government should own any profit-oriented businesses, however, all the service sectors and research institutes should not be privatized.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back