What's new

Percentage of profits on the first year

The percentage of profit you expect to earn in the first year is dependent on the time of business. Some business have their major sales at the start of the business and then decrease over the years
While some business profit increase over the years. The customers become more familiar with the product and hence more trust from the company is acquired.

Percentage of profit for your first year depends on you and the type of business you are into. One can earn 50 to 100 percentage on is first year of his business as long has he give it enough effort and he is realistic.

It depends on your business type and work. If you started real estate business and you invested there about $10,000 then you have to get $1000 at least by that. If you able to get more than 10% then it will be better to you. But if you talk about only 1 month then 0 profit also be good. But anyways keep it up.

You shouldn't expect profit in the first year, focus more on sales, marketing and growing. Don't raise your hopes too high, most businesses don't become profitable in their first year but since businesses have different initial costs, you can expect differences in the time it takes to make profit.
Nevertheless you can expect a 10% profit which is impressive for a business in its first year.
I totally agree with you. Many people expect to make a profit straight away but this is a fallacy. The truth of the matter is many companies crash and burn within the first two years, although I don't want to focus on that. So for me, 10% in the first year is a good figure to start with.

I have recently started a business, and I know that at first the profits may not be as great as I hope, but I would like to know what percentage of profit would you consider acceptable to say that your business was successful during its first year of operations?
I suggest that very little percentage should be taken as profit and the rest should be re invested back into the business. In other to ensure stability and fund that will boast the business , and increase it's life span.
The profit percentage can be between 20-40%.

Yes I have noticed this with agent who help applicant to look for jobs they always ask for percentage from the applicant salaries for the first year, this is what they actually do, to make their money,

I would accept it as a success if my business make up to 45% profit of the capital in the first year. This shows that the business is on the right track do there will be a lot of different obstacles and all pinning and less target. But with that profit margin I can ask nicely say that the life business is on the right track and I will also fully think the next year will be much more than that.

It is a gradual process......... As you're concerned with the profit, in your first year you must ensure that your deliver the best and your customers are satisfied, that will keep them coming.

Another business isn't said to have begun making benefit until you equal the initial investment, which can take some time contingent upon the sum you put resources into the business and the measure of cash that is coming into the business. To earn back the original investment intends to recover the sum contributed to set up the business. After that has been accomplished, making between 5% to 10% benefit month to month is acceptable

First year one should not expect much earnings for the first year. It comes with challenges even for business with lots of investment capital. The goal as someone said is to ensure you reach your target. The target could even be that you want to increase your customer. Whatever happens you should not look for excess profits

I believe that there is no specific percentage of profit in entrepreneurship for many reasons, it depends on the business, the amount of capital invested, the demand, etc. You can get 50%, 100% and even a higher percentage in the first year, in this way I consider that it can be called successful.

At least you should break even, meaning no profit or loss, but not for a full year , about six months after this any amount you make as profit that is sufficient to take care of your overheads should be fine
I have recently started a business, and I know that at first the profits may not be as great as I hope, but I would like to know what percentage of profit would you consider acceptable to say that your business was successful during its first year of operations?

Since it is a new business. The percentage should not be the major determinant in determining its success. You can measure its success by its recipient by people. You can even make loss in the first month and the business will still boom.

I will strictly say that is strictly for you alone to analyze and come to a personal realistic and fair jugement based on your input to the business

It all depends on the kind of business you are doing and also the amount of money you invest in the business, when you start a business you need to get up to 20% income the first year, this is to say your business is successful.

sometimes making profit in the first year might not actually be a guarantee because the first year of a business is a year that you need to balance your business and make your business known to the general public.

On first operations of a new business I don’t always expect to make profit or probably little profit. What I’m always concerned about is the actual capital and the clients you must satisfy your clients on the first sell outs
You must espect some profits of some sort in your first outing in your business no matter what. Because you need the proceeds to make more expansion.

Making 50 percent of my start up in a year,will be great fit,it is more than enough to ride my trade and reinvest more.profits of that margin are encouraging.

Concerning your question on what percentage of profit would you consider acceptable in your first year of running your business, i would say that this depends on your type of business and it is not the same with every business venture one sets in to

I remember Jeff bezoz saying that when he opened amazon, he did not project any profits for the company in the first year. I think I will be fine with little or no profits at all for a year of opening the business as far as other parameters are met.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back