What's new

Paying for a CV

SDL

Aug 21, 2023
USD
$0.1400USD
Biznotes
There are lots of freelance services where a "professional" will create you a CV which is supposed to help improve your chances of landing an interview. I've always created mine myself however I've not been receiving many call backs or interviews even though on paper I'd be an excellent fit considering I'm looking for part time low-end jobs to fit around university with four years of professional experience. That's made me consider purchasing one of these services.

Has anyone ever paid for a CV? If so, has it helped in any way? If not, why?

I have never used the services of CV writers for any reason whatsoever when I was applying for jobs. I was taught how to write and update my CV based on any kind of job that I'm applying for because there's no way you can use one CV to apply for all kinds of job in different companies. I was offered this service on LinkedIn when I was using that social media networking platform to look for job but I declined it.

I have never used any paid CV writing services, however, when I was active on Upwork, I worked on a couple of CV writing jobs. The client was hiring freelancers to create VC for his clients. YOu were required to fill in the details on ready-made templates. I don't know if these CVs will actually increase your chances of getting hired

I have never paid anyone to write my Curriculum Vitae. Why would I do that? Does it mean the 4 years I spent in the University wasn't enough for me to learn how to write a common CV? Who's supposed to know me more than myself? If I needed any help with writing advanced CV, there are many YouTube videos on how to do it.

I have never used any paid CV writing services, however, when I was active on Upwork, I worked on a couple of CV writing jobs. The client was hiring freelancers to create VC for his clients. YOu were required to fill in the details on ready-made templates. I don't know if these CVs will actually increase your chances of getting hired

I have equally seen some freelancers offer those services on Seoclerks but I keep wondering if people are really ordering for that services because I can't really understand how someone is not going to be able to write his own CV especially when they it's something the person is looking to secure a job with. When they asked questions based on what they have on a CV they didn't write, how are they supposed to respond?

I have never paid anyone to write my Curriculum Vitae. Why would I do that? Does it mean the 4 years I spent in the University wasn't enough for me to learn how to write a common CV? Who's supposed to know me more than myself? If I needed any help with writing advanced CV, there are many YouTube videos on how to do it.

Well, it is not just about being educated. It is about skills and techniques required to create a professional curriculum vitae. These curriculum vitae creators have some kind of special graphic designing software that help them create a professional resume.

Well, it is not just about being educated. It is about skills and techniques required to create a professional curriculum vitae. These curriculum vitae creators have some kind of special graphic designing software that help them create a professional resume.
If I was in the university for 4 years and still doesn't have the skills and technical know how about writing my own curriculum vitae, I have wasted 4 years of my life and no company should ever employ me because I'm not worthy of being a staff.

If I was in the university for 4 years and still doesn't have the skills and technical know how about writing my own curriculum vitae, I have wasted 4 years of my life and no company should ever employ me because I'm not worthy of being a staff.
I think it's different in the context of the thread. Obviously everyone should be able to write their own CV and I'd be worried if one couldn't. However in this context, at least the intended context, is to have a CV professionally made by an expert to increase your chances of landing an interview. I'd like to think that those freelancers offering the service would have a background in HR and know the "secrets" to passing the standard box tick exercise. It's one thing being able to discuss your background, it's another being able to highlight the relevant points in a way that would impress an employer and isn't something that's really taught.

I have actually been to some interviews and I was told that they don't really consider what is written in my CV as the requirements that they need to employ because they are very aware that most people lie in their CV contents. According to the HR team, they told me that what they were after is what they can access from you in person and not what's written in 2-3 pages of paper.

Will you get a job if you have lied on your CV, definately not. If you like something and if you cannot do it, they will fire you even when you were hired because of your CV. These days people consider using professionally created CVs to impress employers, but you need real skills to impress your employers.

It is not just about studying in university. It is about skills as well. Professional resume makers and curriculum vitae makers are also great designers as well. They have proper knowledge about how to use graphic designing in order to make your curriculum vitae look professional.

Will you get a job if you have lied on your CV, definately not. If you like something and if you cannot do it, they will fire you even when you were hired because of your CV. These days people consider using professionally created CVs to impress employers, but you need real skills to impress your employers.
Your CV should be an extension of yourself. If what's written in your CV doesn't reflect 100% in what you can do in person when hired, the entire CV is rubbish. The CV owner will not sustain on the job, in fact he won't sustain through the interview proper.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back