What's new

Nigeria and it's Government

It is not a democratic country by practice,we can't say something at any point in time,we are restricted from using some social media without reasons,such as Twitter

Human government have failed and history has proved this. I don't know why many people still believe in the government when they have seen that human beings cannot govern each other unless to their detriment.

Human government have failed and history has proved this. I don't know why many people still believe in the government when they have seen that human beings cannot govern each other unless to their detriment.
You have a very strong point there, time and time again, it has been proven that humans cannot govern themselves to perfection. Presently the type of government we have are the ones that are just after what they can get not the betterment of the people

The earlier we youth realise we have the power in our hand come 2023 to change the narrative the better for us. Enough of talking Let take action by involving actively in politics.

It is common knowledge that Nigeria runs a democratic system of Government, which according to research and studies, is the best form of Government. But is Nigeria really a democratic state? A professor once said Nigeria is a democratic state only in text books but not in reality and I completely agree with this.

WHAT IS DEMOCRACY?
Abraham Lincoln gave a very short but effective definition of democracy. He simply said it's a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people."
In other words democracy is a system of government whereby without the people the government cannot exist. It's a system where power is vested on the people, to be able to decide on who should govern them and also free will to express themselves.

NIGERIA AS A DEMOCRATIC STATE?
Nigeria claims to run a democratic state but in reality I believe it is not so, the people no longer have the power to decide on who to lead them as rigging
has become a norm during election, the people have no say even when the government is bad. Recently freedom of speech has been limited to some extent. The people can nolonger openly express what they think about the Government and it's affairs without fear.
The Government make decisions Without a care of how it would affect the people or even consulting the masses.

THE SOLUTION OR MAYBE NOT?
I have heard and also come across many persons both the old and the young who would like the military to take over rulership, though I have not experienced military rule but I have read about it and I believe it is not a good choice, and there is every possiblity that they might not want to peacefully release power.
What do you think is the best solution?
True talk my brother, but first of all any one telling you military is the solution is making a very big mistake simply because now the military knows was up now they are exposed unlike then, so it's not the solution, I believe the solution is to have activists that are really ready to fight for the country and not them pocket but so unfortunately I feel that like praying for another christ.

Nowhere in the world that the government is 100% perfect but the only problem I could sensed Is that where the corruption has become order of the day, there wouldn't be a rapid development in such country

Nigerias government is not something I am clued in on or know much about but democracy is the best form. All I know is if the economy would have some type of huge spike based on something very popular that was either discovered or became available which is possible it would allow them to have more food supplies which is what they need the most.

Nowhere in the world that the government is 100% perfect but the only problem I could sensed Is that where the corruption has become order of the day, there wouldn't be a rapid development in such country
Corruption is everywhere in all countries but the one in most African countries especially in Nigeria is so much that we don't even know how the corruption in this country can be resolved. All leaders including the president is corrupt.

Nigeria is lagging behind when it comes to development all round. She is still struggling to develop therefore still undergoing the developing process. One major factor is that those who are termed political leaders seems to be greedy.

I don't think we have government in the country because majority of their policies bring up ship to the common people. They always think of how to siphon money from the economy to their accounts in foreign countries.

Very true though. No where in the world would you find a completely perfect government. Even those of the so-called developed societies. There are some pockets of corruption and evil perpetrated
by some governments that are not in public knowledge in this world we see today

Nigeria, hmmm it's only God that can help and fix this country. Everything is the problem from the legislative, to the executive, to the judiciary, down to all other sections in Nigeria, God will help

yes I knew
prayers are been made ,but the fact that we praid doesn't mean is enough ,this situation can't be solve normally and canally.did you remember what the bible says our weapons ate not canal but they are mighty by the pulling down of strong holds,so I sujest we still pray , only prayers can solve this ,since we are alive there is still hope ,get to think of it ,if to say we are going to take action what are we going ,fight,fight who.,at the end of it we will end our precious lives in vain without changing anything.
Yes that's very true . Prayers will be the only way out. Because our weapons are not canal but they are mighty through the pulling down of strong holes.
Post automatically merged:

yes I knew
prayers are been made ,but the fact that we praid doesn't mean is enough ,this situation can't be solve normally and canally.did you remember what the bible says our weapons ate not canal but they are mighty by the pulling down of strong holds,so I sujest we still pray , only prayers can solve this ,since we are alive there is still hope ,get to think of it ,if to say we are going to take action what are we going ,fight,fight who.,at the end of it we will end our precious lives in vain without changing anything.
Yes that's very true . Prayers will be the only way out. Because our weapons are not canal but they are mighty through the pulling down of strong holes.

I dont think military rule is a good idea. You can agree with me that it doesn't even feel like Nigeria operates a democratic system because the government don't even care about the citizens anymore. What is then going to happen if Nigeria operates a military system.

Nigeria is a good and beautiful country. The only problem I see in Nigeria is that human rights are not practiced and government employees like police end up being puppets and people cannot voice out their concerns. Secondly, it is not wise for a country to have one person ruling for more than 5 years. Surely the person and his subordinates will run out of ideas on how to develop the country and probably they'll start making their pockets fat and care less about her people. LET THERE BE A NEW PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA WHO WILL LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF HER PEOPLE .

Nigeria as a country hmmm is a country that is blessed with so many resources but have a very bad, selfless and wicked leaders that doesn't care or put the interest of their people at heart. The problem of the country are the leaders old and outdated men
Nigerian my country, we are best with everything any nation or country can ask for no natural disasters, natural resources, plenty of food and many things but the only place where we got it wrong is our leader. Nigeria is just practising lip democracy not really democracy selfish everywhere

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back