Nigeria and it's Government

eLdavis

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Feb 1, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
It is common knowledge that Nigeria runs a democratic system of Government, which according to research and studies, is the best form of Government. But is Nigeria really a democratic state? A professor once said Nigeria is a democratic state only in text books but not in reality and I completely agree with this.

WHAT IS DEMOCRACY?
Abraham Lincoln gave a very short but effective definition of democracy. He simply said it's a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people."
In other words democracy is a system of government whereby without the people the government cannot exist. It's a system where power is vested on the people, to be able to decide on who should govern them and also free will to express themselves.

NIGERIA AS A DEMOCRATIC STATE?
Nigeria claims to run a democratic state but in reality I believe it is not so, the people no longer have the power to decide on who to lead them as rigging
has become a norm during election, the people have no say even when the government is bad. Recently freedom of speech has been limited to some extent. The people can nolonger openly express what they think about the Government and it's affairs without fear.
The Government make decisions Without a care of how it would affect the people or even consulting the masses.

THE SOLUTION OR MAYBE NOT?
I have heard and also come across many persons both the old and the young who would like the military to take over rulership, though I have not experienced military rule but I have read about it and I believe it is not a good choice, and there is every possiblity that they might not want to peacefully release power.
What do you think is the best solution?

The solution does not lie with the people anymore. This is because the power is not given to the masses and so they can not choose who to rule. The government can't change and the people can do little to change the government

The solution does not lie with the people anymore. This is because the power is not given to the masses and so they can not choose who to rule. The government can't change and the people can do little to change the government
In other words we should just go with the flow and hope for the best in the end?

It's just a way of consoling oneself to believe that the real definition of democracy is the government is the people by the people for the people. Those guys are in control of everything. They only need us in time of election.

It's just a way of consoling oneself to believe that the real definition of democracy is the government is the people by the people for the people. Those guys are in control of everything. They only need us in time of election.
The painful thing now is that even in election, our votes no longer matters as rigging has become the order of the day.

The best way is to come out and vote,if we don't trust me that will make them seat there for the rest of their ageing butt

consoling oneself to believe that the real definition of democracy is the government is the people by the people for the people. Those guys are in control of everything. They only need us

Nigeria and its government
well I think it depends on how and what type of person you are, Everything relies upon your attitude, well with the situation here in Nigeria there is nothing to do than to pray ,nothing much to do ,here in Nigeria we are mealy surviving

Nigeria and its government
well I think it depends on how and what type of person you are, Everything relies upon your attitude, well with the situation here in Nigeria there is nothing to do than to pray ,nothing much to do ,here in Nigeria we are mealy surviving.
We have prayed all manners of prayers, but we always fail to take actions that will be in line with our prayers, I think it is time for we to take responsibility for our actions, it is time for we to hold our leaders accountable for decision taken in their respective positions held in public office's. Good governance is always rooted to good citizenry, because the people holding the office's are elected from the masses.

yes I knew
prayers are been made ,but the fact that we praid doesn't mean is enough ,this situation can't be solve normally and canally.did you remember what the bible says our weapons ate not canal but they are mighty by the pulling down of strong holds,so I sujest we still pray , only prayers can solve this ,since we are alive there is still hope ,get to think of it ,if to say we are going to take action what are we going ,fight,fight who.,at the end of it we will end our precious lives in vain without changing anything.

It's a joke. I wonder what could be done to help Nigerian government. I'm not giving up on them but omo, them no try at all

Thanks for the info,at least it has enlightened me more about Nigeria as a nation and hopefully we find solution to our failures as time goes on

It is common knowledge that Nigeria runs a democratic system of Government, which according to research and studies, is the best form of Government. But is Nigeria really a democratic state? A professor once said Nigeria is a democratic state only in text books but not in reality and I completely agree with this.

WHAT IS DEMOCRACY?
Abraham Lincoln gave a very short but effective definition of democracy. He simply said it's a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people."
In other words democracy is a system of government whereby without the people the government cannot exist. It's a system where power is vested on the people, to be able to decide on who should govern them and also free will to express themselves.

Nigeria claims to run a democratic state but in reality I believe it is not so, the people no longer have the power to decide on who to lead them as rigging
has become a norm during election, the people have no say even when the government is bad. Recently freedom of speech has been limited to some extent. The people can nolonger openly express what they think about the Government and it's affairs without fear.
The Government make decisions Without a care of how it would affect the people or even consulting the masses.

I have heard and also come across many persons both the old and the young who would like the military to take over rulership, though I have not experienced military rule but I have read about it and I believe it is not a good choice, and there is every possiblity that they might not want to peacefully release power.
Democracy if well practiced is the best form of government. Nigeria is a country that needs rehabilitation as a whole, in this country Nigeria they say they practice democracy but they don't practice it. A country that is democratic should have free and fair election, the decision of the majority should be implemented and people should have the right to impeach an incapable leader but in Nigeria these are not done yet they say it's a democratic government. The people in the country really need to know what it means for a country to be democratic and resolve to practice it as it is not just doing what will favor the rich ones leaving the poor masses to suffer their actions.

The solution to the rot Nigeria is going through lies in mass education of the youths. And I'm not referring to going to some higher institution for some years to get a certificate. I am referring to education on human rights and civic responsibility. An average Nigerian doesn't even know what is in the constitution not to talk of knowing his or her right.

I always say that if I were to tackle a sector it will be National Orientation Agency. They've failed Nigeria woefully. They've made sure an average Nigerian gets manhandled due to ignorance. The landlords treat tenants woefully because the tenants doesn't know his right; bosses owe staffs and abuse them emotionally and physically because workers don't know their right; government officials get away with countless sins because the masses doesn't even know what they deserve. The list is endless.

The military taking over the reigns of power will not solve the situation neither will this present crop of politicians make that happen because they will still want to keep the people in abject poverty to continue their manipulative techniques

WHAT IS DEMOCRACY?

Nigeria has a country is going through a lot despite the country is bless with mineral resources the major problem is the leaders they are so corrupt, until bad leaders are wipe out of Nigeria nothing can be done

I don't want to talk about Nigeria because my choice of words would be very tough. The leaders are clueless and do not have direction. Corruption is the order of the day and it's eating deep into the wellbeing of our economy. The political leaders perpetrat all sorts of illicit act with impunity.

And who says military rule is not good, and give me a difference between this current government regime and autocratic rule by the military? They are the same, so why not try the military rule again because l believe we have visionary people in the forces.

I strongly believe that the solutions lies with the people. There is no country without a people. If the people can be educated about what it takes to be Nigerians, put their differences aside and come together, then victory is for the people. The whole world saw how shaken the government and power mongers were during the endsars protest. They did everything in their power to make sure it ended. You see that right there? That is where the solution lies. UNITY!

Yes! I agree with you because even at the end of the day, we go on a peaceful protest and we're still bullied for disclosing the way we feel. What is democratic about that? Then we'll walk the march of freedom on Independence day? What an irony!

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back