MyBB vs Xenforo

MaxPayne1

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Jun 10, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
These 2 are quite big pieces of forum software and I thought it would be an idea to compare them.

Xenforo:MyBB:
It is also a forum software. The big advantage is that it is free. It also has very good support (however it's only for those who have a MyBB run website with the powered by MyBB in the footer so is quite restrictive in a way). While there are a lot of free plugins which can be used to create a great site, some are not really built in such as alerts and require plugins and a bit of coding. Also, some plugins which are free on XF may not exist or have to be paid for/custom-made for MyBB because MyBB is quite old in terms of software. This argument can also be used for themes.

Any points that I've missed. Let me know!

If you have the money for it and can afford to spend a bit, XenForo is the much better option. Unfortunately, you do require a lot of money because the addons can add up very quickly. MyBB is a great solution so if you don't want to spend money, it can be very good to use.

Do you think that if your site gets that many users and posts as well as the money for the license, would you upgrade?

Free software is a huge thing and this will encourage a lot of people however i think that personally there are concerns when it comes to free because there could be malware in it as well.

Free software can be as good as premium. However, you need some DIY (Do-It-Yourself) skills. Anyway, ironically, though, the actual uploading of free software is normally instant (with uploading software) while premium requires an old-school installation.

Anyway, SMF and phpBB are now mobile ready, so it's getting harder to justify going premium. However, MyBB isn't mobile friendly, but can easily be made that way with some free or paid theme. Nonetheless, whatever it might cost, it's still way less expensive than XenForo and other premium solutions.

Free software can be as good as premium. However, you need some DIY (Do-It-Yourself) skills. Anyway, ironically, though, the actual uploading of free software is normally instant (with uploading software) while premium requires an old-school installation.

Anyway, SMF and phpBB are now mobile ready, so it's getting harder to justify going premium. However, MyBB isn't mobile friendly, but can easily be made that way with some free or paid theme. Nonetheless, whatever it might cost, it's still way less expensive than XenForo and other premium solutions.
there is a lot of knowledge that needs to go into if you decide to opt for the free option however i think that it is much better because you learn more and you are able to customize it more as well.

A lot lot of people will always go for xenforo because it is one of the most used forum software, however, I will choose mybb instead of xenforo because mybb is free to use and is also a great software

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back