Land ownership laws in your country

Ralphjoe

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 15, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
The law in my country Nigeria states that all lands belongs to the government, That is why we must get a document known as the certificate of occupancy to own a land.
That document means that you are just occupying the land for the main time, government can collect their land back from you, but they will compensate you though.
This certificate of occupancy last for 99years in Nigeria after which you can go and renew the certificate.
That is the land law in my country, what about yours?

Last edited:
The law in my country Nigeria states that all lands belongs to the government, That is why we must get a document known as the certificate of occupancy to own a land.
That document means that you are just occupying the land for the main time, government can collect their land back from you, but they will compensate you though.
This certificate of occupancy last for 99years in Nigeria after which you can go and renew the certificate.
That is the land law in my country, what about your
I think everywhere it is like this, I remember I was talking with my father that if I find in our garden a treasure or maybe some thermal water It will belong to the state instead of me, even if that proprety was my familes.

Yeah I think you are right. All lands within the federation as stated in the 1998 constitution belongs to the government. This means with the house approval, the government can use whatever lands they want for their purposes but they must compensate those who are currently using the land.

In my country there are lands owned by the state but there are still some privately owned lands. Perhaps about 15 years ago it was decreed that all lands would go to the hands of the state progressively. The lands that are still private must go to a government entity to carry out the necessary documentation and assign said lands, in exchange they receive a payment for them.

The law in my country do not says land is belonged to the government, that is why some people in their land there is rules regulations,this is because when any other person that want to tamper with the own of the land will be able to claim that land with evidence,that it's the centificate of that land.

In a place like Nigeria, every land belongs to the government. Can only be on lease for a period of 99years and after which the government takes possession of the land. But land owners has the opportunity to renew its ownership

That is the land law in my country, what about yours?
Like seriously I never know there is a law like this about land in my country,but am glad you bring this write up here for we to know more and update ourself about what's going on around us and around the world at large. So after. Some year the government could claim my land right,although I will also do done findings about it.

In my country all land belongs to the government. No matter how big your investment is. No matter how huge your house. No matter how large your farm land. All land belong to the government owned to the land tenure system law made by the government. And this cause of this was land conflict among farmers, amongst herdsmen and other arable crop producers.

Recently we receive a notice of annual payment of close to $15 which was a new implemented policy by the government.

Never do not accept defeat. Keep running till you win the race, its not for the swift but for the graced

I'm also from Nigeria but I don't think all lands belong to the government. As far as I know there are some lands in Nigeria that are sold by Omo Onile simply called as land owner and government don't a percentage of the money from the sales of land from this set of people

I'm also from Nigeria but I don't think all lands belong to the government. As far as I know there are some lands in Nigeria that are sold by Omo Onile simply called as land owner and government don't a percentage of the money from the sales of land from this set of people
Yes its true i totally agree with you all lands does not belong to the government, in Nigeria federal government wants to have all the lands but the lands owner did not allow them due to the fact that they have sea of hope.

When it comes to land onership in my country there is no law, you can acquire an many as possible, if you are equal to the task your Free to go and buy your land any where in my country, you can also build as many as you want, no law, it's a lawless country nobody cares about anybody, that's what we see over

In the United States of America, you can own your own land. Any land that is listed as not owned by anyone, technically is considered the government's land, though the United States does sell off that land to people, if they seek to develop it. Any of that undeveloped land is considerably cheaper to buy from the government, than what it is to get from someone that already owns land.

In Nigeria, the laws regulating land is governess by the Land Use Act. The lands are owned by the government and given to the individual for a period of 99 years which is subject to renewal. How some necessary documents must be obtained from the ministry of Lands and Survey such as the certificate of occupancy.

Infact,this law you stated was called land decree 1977 that all land belong to government of the different states. After purchasing a land, you have to get document called certificate of occupancy in order to get compensation,if there is any need for government to make use of the land for public use

In our country it is different from your country. In my country at the time of partition of sub-continent the British government distribute all the lands to public and some was in the ownership of government. If government wanna take back land for some purpose then He pays to public for it.

Land ownership laws in the country are not very precise here. It depends on the state where you are from or perhaps where you have acquired the land. But a general law is ownership for 100 years after which it is turned to the government.

According to the Land Decree Law of 1976, all lands belong tot the government. But it took me sometime before I got tot know that the government at the state has the power over land and not the federal government.

I think it should be like that everywhere, I have heard of other countries, that private sectors go to acquire land occupancy from the government. After God the creator, is the government who is sector put in charge to government the earth. But this really happens in cities and urban areas.

This is also a situation in China where only the government owns all the land. They say that it is for progress because the government can do what is needed unlike in a democracy where people would protest when a road is to be built in the rural area. In our country we own our homes and it is a nice thought that we have the security guaranteed by the government in the ownership.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back