Kick drum method change

Canadian

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Aug 15, 2017
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
After playing drums for around 18 months or so using heal up method on kick drum I am now learning some grooves and struggling to speed up a double kick pattern to play at the right tempo. At the risk of everyone saying that I just need to practice I would just like to say that I can achieve the double kick part using heel down with a quick toe heel technique, but the consequence of this is the rest of the groove becomes slower with heel down as this is a new method for me now.

I have read posts in the past that say learn all the different techniques, each has its use and what ever works best is fine. Is this what is happening here and do I need to learn and practice heel down now and use heel up which I feel more comfortable with elsewhere. I do have a teacher and he says to allow the beater to move back and prepare for the next stroke throughout the groove. Is this an ability to be learned and practiced or does it come with experience. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back