What's new

Is it necessary for a small business to have a mission and vision statement?

It is important for startups to have a mission and vision statements. It helps company have a direct organizational strategy. Both provide purpose and goals, which are necessary elements of a strategy. They outline the prospective for the business, and what that prospective finds important. By identifying these elements, the business executives can develop a more step-by-step strategy that helps the company achieve its mission in the short term, and its vision in the long term.

Is it important to have strong vision and mission statement?
I think the mission and vision would really help in the thrust of the business. In the start up there are so many things to do and the focus is needed for that. With the mission and vision that can give the business owner or manager the direction and concentration on the operation.

A small business can only have a vision statement if they are thinking of expanding the business to a higher level ,but if they are comfortable in the situation they are there no need for statement.

It is very important good for your employees and for the general public at Large. This makes them to know exactly what they should be expecting and also create a deep sense of trust.

I don't think it is necessary for a small business to have a mission and vision statement. There are a lot of small business that do very well without it. If your products and services are top quality I don't think the customers would care about your mission and vision.
Yes it is possible for a business to have a mission and a vision statement it doesn't matter whether the business is small or big but the main goal rules and priority is to have those mission and vision statement that will guide it to it's distillation of goal

Every business be it small or big, need a vision and mission to grow. It gives the company what to focus on and the motivation to keep pushing until the desired result is achieved.

A small business can only have a vision statement if they are thinking of expanding the business to a higher level ,but if they are comfortable in the situation they are there no need for statement.
No matter the size of a business, if it does not have a mission statement, such business will never grow. You mission statement makes you to have or set a at target that your business want to achieve.

No matter the size of a business, if it does not have a mission statement, such business will never grow. You mission statement makes you to have or set a at target that your business want to achieve.
There are some business here in Nigeria that doesn't have a mission statement and are still doing well,it is because most owners of this business do not really take it serious that is why they do not have it

There are some business here in Nigeria that doesn't have a mission statement and are still doing well,it is because most owners of this business do not really take it serious that is why they do not have it
There is no business that does not have mission statement. Mission statement is how you want your business to be managed. It might not be written but you will have it in your mind.

There is no business that does not have mission statement. Mission statement is how you want your business to be managed. It might not be written but you will have it in your mind.
Ok if it is not to have a written one then better, because in most business I don't think they have it, they can only have the imagination in Their hearts how they want their business to be.

Ok if it is not to have a written one then better, because in most business I don't think they have it, they can only have the imagination in Their hearts how they want their business to be.
Yes that is how mission statement works in most unregistered small scale businesses established with little capital and this statement is made known to all the business staff.

Having a mission statement or not having one does not make your business successful or unsuccessful. It is the work and tactics you adopted for your business that actually count

I don't think it is necessary for a small business to have a mission and vision statement. There are a lot of small business that do very well without it. If your products and services are top quality I don't think the customers would care about your mission and vision.
Yes that is nice for a small business to have a business idea and mission statement that will help the business to succeed.

Yes that is how mission statement works in most unregistered small scale businesses established with little capital and this statement is made known to all the business staff.
But business can decide to run like that without even having a mission statement, because everybody understand that the main aim of a business is to make profit .in this case they may be no serious need for mission statements

If you are not clear on what you are going to do how do you suppose to profit from your business. Having a mission and vision statement helps to take a clear path.

90% of the big businesses start from someone smaller. There is absolutely nothing wrong if a small business have a mission and vision statements. It will be the guiding principle and the staffs will carefully abide by the statements. That's why these statements are boldly displayed in companies.

But business can decide to run like that without even having a mission statement, because everybody understand that the main aim of a business is to make profit .in this case they may be no serious need for mission statements
You cannot run a successful business without a mission statement. Mission statement is not necessary for it to be written in and signed in a paper, it is just how the business is supposed to be run and the goals the business wish to achieve.

You cannot run a successful business without a mission statement. Mission statement is not necessary for it to be written in and signed in a paper, it is just how the business is supposed to be run and the goals the business wish to achieve.
In this case i do not really have to sit down a whole week to plan out my mission on the business I am going into ,that is what I thought a mission statement is all about a constant planning and careful preparation.

In this case i do not really have to sit down a whole week to plan out my mission on the business I am going into ,that is what I thought a mission statement is all about a constant planning and careful preparation.
As simple as mission statement looks it takes time to achieve. You might likely have to sit at home for more than a week for you to have a good plan for your business.

It's good to have mission and vision in any business you intended to start because this is what clearly defined your goals and make room for grow.

It's good to have mission and vision in any business you intended to start because this is what clearly defined your goals and make room for grow.
It is wrong for small business not to have a mission statement or you go it is advisable and it is mandatory for every business whether big or small to have a mission statement.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back