What's new

How often do you scan your PC for viruses & malware?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
How often do you scan your PC for viruses, malware and other nasty things that can infect a PC? I scan every week or so just to be safe, but to be fair I don't download much and I don't use my PC for much else aside from work and gaming maybe. What about you?

I have my PC set to scan the whole of my PC once a week and check for any malware and viruses. I am very lucky as whenever it does the scan nothing ever gets caught but I would never stop scanning and checking as that is when I feel I would get something.

I am very cautious on sites I go on and programs I install and such but you never know when you can miss something so better be safe than sorry.

How often do you scan your PC for viruses, malware and other nasty things that can infect a PC? I scan every week or so just to be safe, but to be fair I don't download much and I don't use my PC for much else aside from work and gaming maybe. What about you?
I have a subscription of McAfee which keeps scanning in real time during the whole time I'm using my laptop including the websites I browse.

Apparently, Google Chromebooks have antivirus protection built into them, so I don't really use an antivirus program. It would probably be wise to use a well-known one for extra protection, but I use the same sites almost every day and don't visit much else, so I feel safe for the most part.

Apparently, Google Chromebooks have antivirus protection built into them, so I don't really use an antivirus program. It would probably be wise to use a well-known one for extra protection, but I use the same sites almost every day and don't visit much else, so I feel safe for the most part.
Really, I don't really know what you mean by Google Chromebook because I only use Windows Defender and one other one called Quick heal but I I deactivated the Windows Defender because I was told some time ago that it's not good to have two defenders working at the same time.

Well, every 3-4 days I do a scan, since I enter many web pages and sometimes download a few things throughout the week, so I make sure I do not contract a virus or any other type of malware in general.

It is important to scan the computer every so often because if you spend a few months without scanning the PC you may have a virus that is stealing information or something else for too long.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back