What's new

How often do you have meetings?

I have worked in a company where they used to hold meetings every day and the manager used to waste the time of people by giving irrelevant lectures. This is also one of the main reasons why many people left the company as managers used to criticise people unnecessarily.

Personally I will not avail myself into attending a meeting that is conducted every day because it is going to be a complete waste of time as far as I'm concerned and I will just focus on doing my job without having to answer to anybody in that kind of meeting unless I am called by the management.

How often do you guys have meetings? I don't have them that often, maybe once every couple weeks. But I used to have one almost every day.

Does your work require you to have meetings? What those of meeting apps do you use? I mostly use discord and zoom.
In my office, we have meetings every 3 weeks. The company's general meeting is scheduled every 3rd Friday of the month and every staff must attend the meeting. Attendance is very important because if you don't attend, you're going to get a query.

We have a recurring daily meeting at work where we update about the progress made on the projects we are working on, discuss issues, plan for the next couple of weeks to meet the comitred milestones.

We have a recurring daily meeting at work where we update about the progress made on the projects we are working on, discuss issues, plan for the next couple of weeks to meet the comitred milestones.
We do this in the company's work communication chanel. We don't sit in a meet to do this everyday. It's going to very tiring and I know it's why the management never had any plans of going on with it.

This is great. Having a meeting periodically is always a great way to ensure that things are working as expected at the workplace. I can't even imagine how some workplaces can look like without having those kinds of meetings at the workplace as well.

This is great. Having a meeting periodically is always a great way to ensure that things are working as expected at the workplace. I can't even imagine how some workplaces can look like without having those kinds of meetings at the workplace as well.

When it comes to being able to organise a business and all the operation that is supposed to be carried out from time to time, it is through the business meetings that all these planning are carried out and make sure that everyone understands what they are supposed to do.

This is the reason why it is always encouraged to conduct meetings from time to time but not everyday.

If a business is not having meetings once in a while maybe once in a month, how do they expect their workers to know what they are expected to do when there's a new change in the company's operations and policies? Meetings can never be removed from running a business.

I'm a very big fan of virtual meetings because it's a lot more convenient. There's no point in keeping everyone hooked in one hall and sit for a meeting that's going to take hours. Once it's a meeting agenda that can be carried out online, I'm all in support of doing it on Zoom or Google Meet.

Personally I will not avail myself into attending a meeting that is conducted every day because it is going to be a complete waste of time as far as I'm concerned and I will just focus on doing my job without having to answer to anybody in that kind of meeting unless I am called by the management.

The fact of the matter remains that when you conduct meets very often or when you conduct meetings every day, employees will stop taking you seriously. This is because this would become a norm and this is never good for employees and employers as well. Conducting meeting every day does not make sense at all. Unfortunately, this is something that was done in the place where I used to work.

The fact of the matter remains that when you conduct meets very often or when you conduct meetings every day, employees will stop taking you seriously. This is because this would become a norm and this is never good for employees and employers as well. Conducting meeting every day does not make sense at all. Unfortunately, this is something that was done in the place where I used to work.

The simple truth is that excessive meetings can be tiring for workers and it's the reason why you are not going to conduct meetings in your business that way. It is going to be too tiring for your workers to attend them because even if they are in that meeting, none of them will be paying attention to anything that you're talking about.

If you're conducting meetings every day, it's not going to help your business but rather it's going to lower the business productivity volume because when your staff are locked in a meeting instead of working, they will not work well.

How do they carry out this recurring daily meeting at your workplace? They have a session where where every employee in the company will come sit together to update about the progress made on the projects they are working on? I would say that's not really necessary when there are workspace communication chats that can be used for that. A doesn't need to be called for that.

How do they carry out this recurring daily meeting at your workplace? They have a session where where every employee in the company will come sit together to update about the progress made on the projects they are working on? I would say that's not really necessary when there are workspace communication chats that can be used for that. A doesn't need to be called for that.
It doesn't involve all the employees from the company. :p It happens separately for every project team. Like my team has 20 people who only work on projects related to aerospace. So every day we meet for 1 hour to discuss if we have any issues where other project members can help out, track the progress on the ongoing tasks and see if we are all good to meet the promised milestone. If not, we see if we can add more resources to increase the pace of the work. If someone is having a leave planned, then we identify a back-up so that the work doesn't stop when the person is away.

It doesn't involve all the employees from the company. :p It happens separately for every project team. Like my team has 20 people who only work on projects related to aerospace. So every day we meet for 1 hour to discuss if we have any issues where other project members can help out, track the progress on the ongoing tasks and see if we are all good to meet the promised milestone. If not, we see if we can add more resources to increase the pace of the work. If someone is having a leave planned, then we identify a back-up so that the work doesn't stop when the person is away.
Wow, for you to be working on projects related to aerospace, it means that you're a flight engineer or something close to it. I have always been fascinated by anything that's related to flying. I couldn't get into any of it in real life, so I had to get into it in gaming life with playing Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise. It's a very technical work that room for any mistakes shouldn't be allowed. Now, I understand that need for the constant meetings your team always have.

The simple truth is that excessive meetings can be tiring for workers and it's the reason why you are not going to conduct meetings in your business that way. It is going to be too tiring for your workers to attend them because even if they are in that meeting, none of them will be paying attention to anything that you're talking about.

I used to work at a place where they used to conduct meetings in an unnecessary manner. Whenever the meeting used to start, I used to think, "Oh! Not again!". This was something many people used to think when they used to work in such kind of place where you unnecessarily hold employees.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back