What's new

How early is too early to arrive to work?

AlexanderM

Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
So, how early is too early to arrive to your place of work? I’m not referring to starting you’re duties without permission before an agreed start time, but instead arriving at you’re place of work earlier in order to have time to prepare for the day or night ahead.

For example, I always arrive 30-45 minutes early. This allows me time to grab a drink from the canteen and mentally prepare myself for the shit that lies ahead.

Yesterday, I arrived at 8.45pm with a start time of 9.30pm. Our workplace has high security and is a government owned building, so you need to show ID each time you enter to a manager or security. A manager answered the door, said who are you (I was wearing my motorcycle helmet) so I showed him my identification. He said, you’re a bit early aren’t you? I replied without thinking ‘Yeah, but I can be late if you prefer’

Anyway, how early is too early and do you have any similar stories or experiences from being organised in the workplace? Lmao

I'm a morning person so I love arriving work early as I'm better and sharper then. I observed when it's afternoon or later, I'm not as energetic as I used to be. Arriving early is a bonus for me.

How early is it too early to arrive at work? Arriving at your work place maybe an hour or some 30minutes to the actual time to start work in order to prepare well arrange your stuff and work for the day.

While being a few minutes early is excellent for creating a positive team atmosphere, pressuring others to put in much more time will have the opposite impact. Second, you run the risk of being taken for granted by your manager or employer if you frequently arrive more than 15 to 30 minutes early.

Making people feel pressed into working much longer hours will have the opposite impact, while being a few minutes early is ideal for creating a productive team spirit.
Second, you run the risk of having your manager or employer take you for granted if you frequently arrive more than 15 to 30 minutes early.

I normally wakes up early to work online for just an hour before going to work and I normally arrive at my place of work earlier , like at least thirty minutes before other people .

So, how early is too early to arrive to your place of work? I’m not referring to starting you’re duties without permission before an agreed start time, but instead arriving at you’re place of work earlier in order to have time to prepare for the day or night ahead.

For example, I always arrive 30-45 minutes early. This allows me time to grab a drink from the canteen and mentally prepare myself for the shit that lies ahead.

Yesterday, I arrived at 8.45pm with a start time of 9.30pm. Our workplace has high security and is a government owned building, so you need to show ID each time you enter to a manager or security. A manager answered the door, said who are you (I was wearing my motorcycle helmet) so I showed him my identification. He said, you’re a bit early aren’t you? I replied without thinking ‘Yeah, but I can be late if you prefer’

Anyway, how early is too early and do you have any similar stories or experiences from being organised in the workplace? Lmao
I had worked in few different places and based on that every work place had their own rule and time table. When I was working as a primary school teacher reaching school before 10-15 minute was considered as dedication and you were counted as best and responsible teacher, after that I moved to hospital to work as a receptionist, for one week I came 10-15 minute early and felt like dumb because you were not appriciated for that and the leaving time would always increase, it was like you get before time, on time or after time nothing matter because you all have to leave on same time so except me everyone would come half an hour late.

When I had a job, I always showed up on time, with some exceptions. But I occasionally showed up too early. I am a person who tries to be punctual but does not work additional hours if there is no extra payment. My working hours were 9-6 and I never went early and never stayed late unless there were overtime allowances.

I'm no morning person, I take forever to wake up and I'm so bad in the morning that you can't even get a sledgehammer, In My early school days I woke and had 30 minutes to get to the bus as soon as I was out of bed. So consider that lol

But that being said I do end up being at my workplace very early. I take the bus into town and I get there before my own boss gets to the shop and end up waiting outside the door Xd

It can be a good thing being early but bad also

I'm no morning person, I take forever to wake up and I'm so bad in the morning that you can't even get a sledgehammer, In My early school days I woke and had 30 minutes to get to the bus as soon as I was out of bed. So consider that lol

But that being said I do end up being at my workplace very early. I take the bus into town and I get there before my own boss gets to the shop and end up waiting outside the door Xd

It can be a good thing being early but bad also

I also find it very hard to sleep at night because I am suffering from mild insomnia. However, I am trying my best to get rid of this problem. It takes a lot of courage to deal with such kind of problems. If you are a person who has to arrive at work at the right time, then dealing with insomnia could be a really big challenge.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back