What's new

How do you save your favorite YouTube videos?

Melanie M

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 23, 2021
USD
$0.9200USD
Biznotes
I don't mean on your phone, where you can just save them in your Faves or Bookmarks, I mean when you watch YouTube videos on TV.
I know you can subscribe to the channel and the video can be found in the collection somewhere, but is there a way to save a particular YouTube video on TV? I've just been taking a picture of the video + title so I can type it in later and look it up.

I save video links on a document or keep them as drafts on my Telegram Channel. I also Bookmark the videos. In the past, I used to download videos on my device so that I can watch them without any issues but I have stopped doing it. By the way, I don't access youtube through a TV or computer too frequently, I use a smartphone for youtube videos. It is easier to same on mobile devices.

My most reliable way of saving YouTube videos is by using an app called Vidmate. It's more or less like a mini YouTube with virtually every YouTube video available for direct download to any device of choosing.

If you're using the YouTube app on your TV, when in the video, you should be able to access a button that lets you add the video to a watch later playlist or you should be able to save to your own playlists this way.

To find this, all you have to do is start a video, move your controller up or down, I don't think it matters, and there should be a button next to the like dislike buttons where you can add the video to your playlist/watchlist.

Also, to do it before you watch the video, I think you have to go to the video and hold the play button on your remote until another menu pops up where you can add the video to a playlist from here. I just usually click on "Watch Later" and that's it.

I hope I explained it. I use Roku, so when I want to add a video to my playlist, I go to it on the YouTube app and hover over it, hold the OK button or the play button for a few seconds and it should bring a menu up. I don't know how it is for other platforms though.

My most reliable way of saving YouTube videos is by using an app called Vidmate. It's more or less like a mini YouTube with virtually every YouTube video available for direct download to any device of choosing.
But would it work for when you are watching (and saving) the videos on your TV set?
I'm not sure if a TV is considered a device. A big device..
If you're using the YouTube app on your TV, when in the video, you should be able to access a button that lets you add the video to a watch later playlist or you should be able to save to your own playlists this way.

To find this, all you have to do is start a video, move your controller up or down, I don't think it matters, and there should be a button next to the like dislike buttons where you can add the video to your playlist/watchlist.

Also, to do it before you watch the video, I think you have to go to the video and hold the play button on your remote until another menu pops up where you can add the video to a playlist from here. I just usually click on "Watch Later" and that's it.

I hope I explained it. I use Roku, so when I want to add a video to my playlist, I go to it on the YouTube app and hover over it, hold the OK button or the play button for a few seconds and it should bring a menu up. I don't know how it is for other platforms though.
Wow, thank you for this.
And yes, you've explained it well, thank you @Grant 😃
I'll have to monkey 🐒 around with the remote and try out your suggestions.

I put them in the Folders that I have. I also have my History where it keeps videos I watch so I can go there to retrieve something I enjoyed watching. I don't do cell phones or apps. If nothing else, I use simple pen & paper & write down the title & author & then keep it in Word.

I put them in the Folders that I have. I also have my History where it keeps videos I watch so I can go there to retrieve something I enjoyed watching. I don't do cell phones or apps. If nothing else, I use simple pen & paper & write down the title & author & then keep it in Word.
Yep, similar to what I do. 🙂
Just take a quick pic (esp if the title or channel is really long and hard to remember) or I'll jot it down somewhere. The only problem is.. I forget where I wrote it down. 😅 That's why I started taking pics 📸
Thanks @ZandraJoi

Yep, similar to what I do. 🙂
Just take a quick pic (esp if the title or channel is really long and hard to remember) or I'll jot it down somewhere. The only problem is.. I forget where I wrote it down. 😅 That's why I started taking pics 📸
Thanks @ZandraJoi
I have pencil & paper in my pocket at all times. As well as having pen & paper throughout the house. So yeah, I have had that "forget where you wrote it" lol If nothing else, I put it in my pocket & then put it by my computer. All the notes I have to go through, I have in a pile.

As far as I know, there isn't a direct "save video" option on YouTube for TV like you have on your phone or computer. However, you can add the video to your "Watch Later" playlist, which serves as a way to save videos you want to watch again later. When you find a video you want to save, you can click on the "Add to" option, then select "Watch Later," and the video will be added to that playlist. This way, you can easily access the video on your TV whenever you want to watch it again without having to take a picture or remember the title.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back