What's new

How do you know a fake airdrop that will not wipe your account?

Kingstone

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Jul 29, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I am writing this because my friend's Trust wallet was hacked and all his Ethereum was gone. After careful examination, it was concluded that he participated in some airdrops lately and one of such could have done the damage.

How can you recognize a fake one?

It is rather unfortunate that your friend faced such a problem. Even though I am not participating in any airdrop at the moment, but I must say that this is the first time I am coming across this kind of incident concerning airdrop participation. If actually this is true, then one needs to be very careful working with them. I am wondering if there is no Body checking these airdrops.

So sorry about that, I don't know if there is any specific way one can tell fake from original though, I think the best to do is get an empty wallet you can use in joining for these airdrops.

Most of this airdrops things to be scam,that's why I dont want to even try it, they tends to have access to ones wallet,they seems to be scam.

I don't engage in airdrops so it can be very difficult for me to tell you how to discover the fake ones. I will advise you to do your due diligence and little research before you can decide to go for any airdrops.

There is no way to know this. The best is not to engage in it. Most of them are out there to swindle users of their money. But if it is a must, you can create another wallet for it entirely. This will reduce the loss that it may incure.

Wow. I'm curious as to the process through which the wallet was hacked. I mean I know that some of these airdrops usually end up being a waste of time. But to be able to havk someone's account with it? That's crazy.

This is one of the danger of participating in airdrops it is always advised that one should not participate in airdrops and if one will one should have a different wallet dedicated only to airdrops so as not to fall victim of scammers.

You should be worried of airdrop that asked you to sign up with your contact details like email. The majority of the air drops don't carry much value. They are going to waste your precious time which we can channel to somewhere else to make more money.

Honestly, these days it's very difficult to spot investment that are profitable or not especially when it comes the issue of airdrops; a lot of cryptocurrency projects are springing up daily
The thing I'll advise is Google how to check which currencies have access to your wallets and prevent them

It is very difficult to spot a fake airdrop at times. But airdrop with unrealistic offer is definitely a scam, and that's the number one pointer of a fake airdrop. You will be promised unrealistic offers.

This has become a reoccurring series of events lately and it's quite unfortunate that your friend fell a victim of such occurrence. It would be advisable to stick to regular trading activities instead of participating in airdrops.

Trying to know which a drop is a very legit one is an almost impossible task, you just have to continuously try your luck and make sure that you're not using your main wallet for this airdrops.

Well trying to find out the legit site, is a very difficult task because most of the site in the first instance, pretend to be the good ones until alot of people believe them.

I honestly think that it is almost impossible to trace which one is legit or not, and you just have to make sure that you're not using your real account to receive airdrops at all.

Would advise you to open a separate account if you are receiving airdrop from an unknown source or creator. Don't link your other accounts with this account. Have only minimum coins required to complete transactions or gas fee to enable airdrop. Other than that, keep your wallet clean. Even if the hacker takes hold of your account, your other accounts would be safe.

Your friend has made mistake in the first place, normally he shouldn't use the same Trust wallet for investment to participate in airdrop and this is the mistake a lot of people have been doings. Trust wallet has made it possible for people to have more than one wallet in the same app.

I am going to fish out a fake airdrops that will not pay at the end by the kind of offer that it promises. if its promises an unrealistic offers, I would definitely know that the platform is illegal and it would be a scam at the end. This is the number one thing that I look out for.

It is not usual that you should pay for any kind of cryptocurrency AirDrop. This is why anyone that is asking you to sign access to your wallet is one that definitely want to wipe it off.

Like someone have stated, it is better and is important that you open a separate account for receiving of airdrops. So many of them are scam and that is why you need to be very careful.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back