What's new

How do you know a fake airdrop that will not wipe your account?

I am writing this because my friend's Trust wallet was hacked and all his Ethereum was gone. After careful examination, it was concluded that he participated in some airdrops lately and one of such could have done the damage.

How can you recognize a fake one?
The issue of fake air drops has really been a source of concern to lots of persons as some of them will request you to singn into your wallet,these are some of the signs to show that these airdrops cannot be legit.

I am writing this because my friend's Trust wallet was hacked and all his Ethereum was gone. After careful examination, it was concluded that he participated in some airdrops lately and one of such could have done the damage.

Sorry for you friend, that is reason so many crypto experts say don't click any harmful link are share wallet information to others,so if anyone wants join airdrops without any risk then use secondary accounts where no funds added on that account.

Issues of this nature has arrived in the past and I've heard news of people having their coins wipe in their wallet after participating in one airdrop or the other.
It is not easy to identify fake airdrop because there is no how you can know even when 95% of airdrop seems to be a scam.
Ever since I came to understand about the strategy of scammers using airdrop to wipe out coins from people's wallet. I have developed some strategy based on my own personal research to only engage in AirDrop on a dedicated wallet created for this purpose only especially on trust wallet since this is the most affected wallet.

I will suggest that @AlexanderM pinned this post to the first page of the section.

There are some prompts that usually come out from your wallet anytime you try to me this kind of transactions. I will also advise that you should verify every token address on coin market cap first.

To determine if the coin is fake or not, you should first look at its level of popularity. As a further precaution, be wary of airdrops that need a deposit before you're able to retrieve any coins, as this is a classic indicator of a fraud.

It is a very difficult sometimes to discern if an AirDrop platform is legitimate or not and that is why most of the scammers would hide under the umbrella of airdrops to rip people off.

Any airdrops that is too good to be true should be avoided. Also stay away from those ones that ask too much information about your wallets. Never drop your seed phrase for any airdrop.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back