What's new

How do you find staff?

I don't own a site but next time you want to hire a moderator or help for your site, ask about their aspirations and understand how it fits with the job, don't hire someone who doesn't have solid interest in the job other than making money. You can also give a small test, with that, you can evaluate and vet the serious ones appropriately.

Looking for staff with the adequate and needed skill set might be a tad difficult sometimes. But one could engage trusted and competent friends; whether they are offline or online friends to push posts on social media. Many do it for free if they perceive you as a good person to them while some for a little amount.

Hiring other people to manage your sites has its advantages. It is advantageous in the sense that you don't have to do all the work yourself and maybe the person you hired has more experience working with websites than you.

Mine isn't a bad experience though maybe because I am part of many that drives the change. We have a community (whatsapp group) where what brought us together was common interest in a particular online game🎮 though the idea 💡 inspiration to form the group was from one of us who then source some of us and we collectively brought the group into gear and collective we form a bond.
At some point, the feeling of Alpha and Omega came over the founder and a lot of things happen and he took us all for a ride.
A general consensus out of joke what reached to "clone" the group and we pushed for it. We cloned the group and have everyone a chance to decide on which side of the coin they want to be. In the end the cloned group won and we then installed our own group of admin and as such we took the power of him. He later realised that he was wrong and a year later he opted to rejoin the group now as a member because what bind us goes beyond the game now as we are now more of a family.

Finding staff or hiring people is a tedious process. You will need to gather their resume, sort out for the qualified candidate, scheduling interviews, conducting the interviews, selection of the best hand & orientation for the new staff. With these processes it is very difficult.

Do you hire people, or look for volunteers, to help you manage your website?

I've always had quite a hard time allowing people to have certain permissions so I almost always end up running all of my sites on my own.
When I had forums I really only had super moderators and moderators. I refused to get admins but decided I needed to focus my attention on other projects so I ended up hiring one and he spammed the site, changed logins, etc. It was a terrible experience that kept me from hiring staff unless absolutely necessary, and even then they don't get special permissions.

Anyone else have a bad experience hiring others to help manage your site?
Sorry about your bad experience, but hiring a site manager is unavoidable as you can't manage your site all alone, next time draw up a set of rules and duties that administrators or moderators must follow while working for you.

Before you employ someone to help manage your website, you must do a thorough background check-up to know if the person is capable of managing the website.

Recommendations from trusted colleagues who have more expertise in the same field can also be considered.

it is very difficult and challenging work to find out the best sstaff for your business and orgaization. staff shuold ve having specific knowldeged and expreincence abuot ht e business work. So that there can't be problem.

To find staff, take the following simple steps :
  1. Advertise on social media. ...
  2. Design SEO-friendly job ads and careers pages. ...
  3. Ask for referrals. ...
  4. Build candidate databases. ...
  5. Attend job fairs or host career days.

Definitely finding a staff can be discouraging some times because when seeking for good and efficient staff you get to see those who are not good at the particular area you want them but out of scarcity of job you tend to give him or her, so you have to give extra training to the staff concerning the major area you need attention towards.

Finding a good staff is like looking for a needle in a haystack. A good stuff is like blood to the veins. A good workforce is all you need to take your business to the next level. Finding a good staff requires lots of patience, diligence and continuous training. The turnover may be high but you need to keep searching until you get the right set of staff.

Well that’s one of the risk of hiring people to do jobs and I feel bad for you but you still need to hire one or two people to manage the forum for you cause you alone can’t handle the workload. In order to relief you of stress you need to divide the labor and hire people whom you’ll pay for their services

I've always used members because they know my style of moderating (very lenient) but I can't keep them for long...because they get mad at me for being too lenient???

I'm really considering using someone from another site next time I need to add staff. That way there is no emotional attachment and it's just business. I tell them how I want things done and they'll do it instead of saying But so and so is my friend.
There are many things to do if you are finding a well committed, discipline themselves and ready to work for the progress of the organization, you need to interview them very well before employing them.

I always try to have one moderator on my site because it makes my job slightly easier as I don't have to go around looking for content that breaks the rules etc. I try to get volunteers because I don't like to spend site resources on something that users usually are happy to volunteer for.

I've always had quite a hard time allowing people to have certain permissions so I almost always end up running all of my sites on my own.
When I had forums I really only had super moderators and moderators. I refused to get admins but decided I needed to focus my attention on other projects so I ended up hiring one and he spammed the site, changed logins, etc. It was a terrible experience that kept me from hiring staff unless absolutely necessary, and even then they don't get special permissions.

Absolutely you can hire people, you will get a lot people from this and you will also get a relaxation, if you advertise for a job on social media, you will get many experiences and knowledgeable people for that and many more people search for it.

Personally, I don't like volunteering. I don't like people doing things for me free of charge. So I'd prefer to hire you and pay you. I equally don't prefer people that I know. This is just to avoid familiarity. I prefer referrals from people that I know.

Finding good staff is not always easy.
People should be smart enough to run stuff autonomously and they should be kind enough to follow the rules. Anyway, it's not that easy, to find good staff who are loyal and who take their responsibilities seriously.
Most of the people I know, just disappear without saying much. Sometimes, they wouldn't even interact with other users...and the list goes on and on. Anyway, it's better to choose someone whom you trust implicitly.

Hiring a staff is not really the major issue here, the problem is hiring a good staff and also treating the good staff well so as to retain him or her. Some employers are very good but are always unlucky when hiring workers. It's all by God's grace.

Finding staff or hiring people is a tedious process. You will need to gather their resume, sort out for the qualified candidate, scheduling interviews, conducting the interviews, selection of the best hand & orientation for the new staff. With these processes it is very difficult.
It is difficult but you can make it easier by having a good schedule for the hiring process.
I was once an applicant and I know what it was being in that situation waiting to be called up especially when you don't have a job.
I am now in a position where I am included in panel for interview. It's tiring but the experience is good

Finding staff takes a company to really know what they want based on professionalism. And it is always base on the employee skills. Some companies outsourced their recruitment process. While others company just do the work of recruitment on their own, just posting on their own career websites.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back