What's new

How do you deal with family that are horrible with finances?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
We all have family members who are horrible with their finances, or at the least, not very good with them. With that being said, what do you do when you see a family member struggling with their financial situation? Do you try to steer them back into the direction of a sustainable living? Or do you let them go, realizing they could one day be without money?

If I'm close with this person, I would consider helping. But, I imagine most people don't want people telling them how to work on their finances, even from family members. Have you ever had to have a talk with a family member because of how they handled their finances?

I grew up in a very poor family, and as far as I was concerned, they did everything to provide for me, so it's not a problem that they didn't know how to manage their money, but I already live alone and my parents spend money only on themselves, but they still remain poor, and that's their problem . I tried to help them, but they have their own vision, so I just put up with it and when I have the opportunity, I help them.

When you see a family member struggling with their financial situation, it is important to offer support and guidance. Ignoring their struggle can lead to long-term negative consequences for both them and the family. By helping them understand the importance of sustainable living and providing resources or advice, you can potentially help them prevent future financial difficulties.

It depends on how close is the family. If my siblings are in trouble, if my parents are in trouble, if my in-laws are in troube I will always help them without any conditions. However, I do not bother with distant relatives.

The only way you can deal with these people is by setting limits and trying to teach them some finances so that they can manage them better, these people can be a pain in the stomach especially if you have to live with them, either because they don't know how to save, spend happily or get into too much debt, you have to explain to them a little about how to do things well.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back