How can I invest in Treasury bills and what's the interest rate per annum

Nurudeen

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 15, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I heard about bank investment called Treasury bills. How can I invest in it and what's the interest rate per annum

Treasury bills is a long term investment program that will take quite a while to materialize unlike bonds and stocks that interest can be gotten in a short term.

Treasury bills is used as a mechanism to control the circulation of funds in the economy of a country. Interest rate per annum about 3%

I also don't know much about investing in treasure bills. How I would love to invest in it if I can get a good financial broker that will guide me as a mentor. And if the risk is not much, then I'm in.

Treasury bills are a very good investment for you to try out. They can pay as much as 3% per annum

It depends on your bank...I know one that gives 5% per annum... but the minimum for investing is really High..the thing is that the interest rate of this treasury bills reduces with time as the country's economy diminishes

I heard about bank investment called Treasury bills. How can I invest in it and what's the interest rate per annum
You can buy treasury bills from your local bank branch, but the returns aren't cool at all. You may prefer fixed deposit

Take the number of days until the Treasury bill matures, and multiply it by the interest rate in percent. Take the result and divide it by 360, as the Treasury uses interest-rate assumptions using the common accounting standard of 360-day years. Then, subtract the resulting number from 100

Treasury bills function as a fixed-income security, since the investor knows the interest that will be paid as soon as it is acquired. The term of this instrument is 3, 6, 9 and 12 months. However, the minimum investment is, depending on the country, the same as the interest. Its value is issued by the Public Treasury, generally when the bond matures the value is cancelled.

If you want to invest in treasury bills, you will have to go through your bank and your bank will buy the treasury bills on your behalf from Central bank as they are the ones that sells treasury bills for the Government.

Treasury bills to me, are not small investments you can just venture into, I believe you can only get that from the government office.

Treasury bills are actually what I call as safe investments. A Treasury bill is mostly like stocks and exchanges and can be bought in banks. This bills though take ta to mature and as such earn just about 3 percent of the income per annum.

Treasury bills are sold in the banks and they are long term investment and instruments used in controlling money circulation. The rate depends on your bank which will determine the rate.

A long term investment that will take a while in controlling circulation of money. The rate in which banks gives differed from one another so you can't have a specific rate. The rate have to come from your bank because treasure bill is not a small investment bit bigger investment and some do get it from the government.

In case if you are a Muslim, I would like to tell you that treasury bills are Riba-based investment and it might not be permissible to deal in them, according to principles set in Islam. There are many Islamic Financing Institutions that allow people to invest in Riba-free investment and the profits are also Halal. Treasury bills are interest-based investment.

I do not have so much experience with buying of treasury bills because I do not like them but you can buy treasury bills and bonds from government approved banks.

Well in reply to your question in the above post concerning how you can i invest in treasury bills and what is the interest rate per annum, well if i am being completely honest, i know little about treasury bills, i will advise you do thorough research

Treasury bills are actually safe low risk and long term investment . they only pay around 3 percent per annum and you can invest into them through your bank.

I don’t really know much about investing in a Treasury bills but i read online that it’s considered risk free asset which means you there’s no risk an investor will loss his principal and that should be a really good thing before starting it

Treasury bill is a financial instrument used by the government to curb excess money in circulation, it is usually sold by the apex bank and is usually offering about 5-7% annually.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back